Chapter 06: The Ice Pack & Audition

Aiden was frozen in place as he once again ended up on top of Min – twice in one day. Min was groaning underneath Aiden as his back started aching. Aiden's heart was beating fast, from the running he did and the adrenaline pumping through his body. His eyes were focused on Min's face, who was clearly in pain from the collision and the impact on the pavement, for some reason, Aiden couldn't move a muscle due to the shock of the sudden collision that happened.

"Jasper! The Hunter team is coming!" Mingyu called out to Jasper who quickly released Bank from his embrace, before walking down the step he was on to help Aiden up before the Hunter team gets closer. Jasper quickly got Aiden up, before extending his arm to help Min up from the ground. Min just brushed the pain off and gave his usual smile, an attempt to not worry everyone else who was with them.

"Are you okay Aiden?" Jasper asked as he faced Aiden after getting Min back up on his feet.

"I'm fine" Aiden sighed as he brushed the dirt off from his polo, as he turned around to look at the approaching Hunter team carrying a shoulder mounted camera.

Jasper then turned towards Min, who was brushing the dirt on the back of his shirt off, "You okay Min?"

"Yeah, I'm good. No harm done" Min responded with a smile in his face, hiding the pain he was obviously feeling in his lower back. Just as Min responded to Jasper, Aiden turned his head slightly towards where Min was standing, giving him a cold gaze, with small hints of concern.

As Aiden stared at Min, the Hunter team finally approached the group in front of Gerry's Grill. The leader of the team, then held out a microphone in front of Aiden, the team's camera crew behind her focusing the camera on Aiden.

"Aiden, we're currently broadcasting live on MJU Hottest, can you give a comment about the hotties with Mingyu?" the leader of the Hunter team asked Aiden, who was clearly annoyed at the prospect of being caught by a Hunter team.

Aiden clicked his tongue, "There's nothing to comment about. All I would like to say is that these International Students are under the supervision of the Student Council, and under the shared jurisdiction with the International Student Organization and International Student Council, hence it would be appreciated if the Hunters would give our International Students some space and privacy" Aiden responded with his usual cold tone.

"Then let me address this to you, as the President of the International Student Organization" the leader of the Hunter team reiterated.

"As the President of the International Student Organization, I would echo the same statement I had said as President of the Student Council. Give our International Students space and privacy, while there is much leeway that has been given to the Hunters when it comes to our domestic students, I would like to say that the same treatment cannot be fully extended to our International Students" Aiden responded.

"Are you trying to say that the Hunters cannot interact with the International Students?" the leader of the Hunter team followed up aggressively.

"Respecting the International Students' space and privacy is not the same as forbidding you from interacting with them. You must consider the difference in culture, norms, and traditions; while it may be okay for our domestic students to be rushed like this, I can't say that with full certainty that this could be taken as offensive and rude to some of our International Students. Do bear in mind that this is the first time that MJU is accepting International Students, if the inaugural batch gets offended with the way you do things, not only would it affect our future International Student enrollment, but it will also damage the image of our university in the eyes of our partner universities abroad. Use your heads, don't be stupid! All of you are students at Mount Juliet University, and the manner you conduct yourselves as students of Mount Juliet, reflects upon the university!" Aiden replied, his voice cold and stern.