Chapter 15: Unmended

The trip back to Mount Juliet felt faster than when they were heading to Bonifacio Global City earlier. Aiden was extremely preoccupied processing and absorbing everything that happened earlier in the day, to the point that he was becoming anxious and stressed. Shock, anger, fear, disbelief, and reassurances – these were the feelings consuming Aiden from the inside out.

Aiden was pushing his emotional and mental limit to the very brink, having to clamp down on his renegade emotions, plus the overthinking and brainstorming he has been doing. The mental and emotional strain was starting to manifest itself physically as he was looking exhausted and drained of life even though he spent most of the day sleeping.

The sun was already setting when the bus finally arrived at Mount Juliet. Aiden was the first to disembark from the bus, but not before apologizing to Professor Domingo for any inconvenience he might have caused, as well as thanking him for being understanding and accommodating. The moment Aiden's foot hit the pavement he quickly turned his attention to his next destination – the Administration Building.

Aiden wasn't particularly assigning blame to anyone in regard to his unexpected run-in with his past, he was however, consumed, and haunted by the fear he felt that night his mother and younger brother died. He was aware that his father was grooming him to be the eventual successor of the Labrador Group, and being his first and legitimate first-born son, he was considered more important than his mother and younger brother and was prioritized more than anyone else.

In that regard, his father strictly controlled who he was associating with and who he was befriending. This led Aiden to being educated within the confines of the Labrador Mansion, instructed by the brightest educators that his father could employ. Because of this tightly controlled environment, the only people that Aiden really got close to was his mother, younger brother, and the Montalban Family.

Outside that circle, the only other acquaintances that Aiden had were his father's business associate's children, and his acquaintances are mostly made up of employees and personnel in the Labrador Mansion and the Labrador Group. Itsuki, as the second child, however, was given a lot more freedom, as he was allowed to enroll at a private school and had the freedom to associate or befriend anyone he chooses. Even though the two brothers were treated differently, Aiden and Itsuki were each other's best friend, and both equally received their mother's love and care.

Aiden had only one thing in mind as he cantered towards the administration building, and that was to immediately confide and talk to the person he trusts the most – Vice Chancellor Aurea Gutierrez. His mind was dead set with speaking with the Vice Chancellor that he practically ignored everyone around him, even failing to notice that he passed by Moira, Angela, Jasper, Mingyu, Min, Ball, Rebecca, and Alexis.

Although Moira and Angela wanted to call out to Aiden, wanting to give their reports as they haven't seen him all day, Mingyu and Jasper were quick to stop the girls from bothering him after they saw Aiden's expression – serious, cold, and unyielding – fully aware that he was not in any talking mood, even though it was the first time they were seeing that kind of expression as well. The brief episode left everyone surprised, confused, and concerned, as they didn't know what was happening.

Aiden suddenly barged into the Office of the Vice Chancellor, starling Annette who was finishing up work as she prepared to leave. He continued walking, ignoring the Vice Chancellor's secretary as he made his way towards the office doors.

"Wa-wait! President Kobayashi! Vice Chancellor Gutierrez is in a middle of a phone call!" Annette called, her pleas falling unto deaf ears as she began to run after Aiden.

"Please, President Ko-" Annette called out again, before she was cut off mid-sentence as Aiden quickly barged into the office, startling Vice Chancellor Gutierrez who was talking on the phone.