Chapter 2 - Desire

Carissa made it to her safe space. It was an old storage cupboard no one used anymore. She shivered, nervous as to what was going on, thoughts clouding her mind.

Why did the cute punk smile at me? She had felt such a strong sensation when she was near her.

Desire.

Why?! Why all of a sudden was she starting to care about mortals? If this girl ever found out who Carissa was...

She knew what she had to do and she hated it. She'd always wanted a friend but she couldn't afford to care about someone, only to hurt them once they learnt the truth.

Carissa sighed in defeat. Zella. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm sorry.

***

Mrs Etter cleared her throat, "Anyway, um, Zella, you can choose anyone in this class to be your welcome buddy. They will show you around the school until you're comfortable."

Zella snorted, "No thanks, I'm capable myself." Mrs Etter inwardly groaned, damn independent teens, "Look kid, I have to give you a buddy-"

Mrs Etter was cut short. "Ok," Zella grinned, showing off pointy teeth, "My buddy is the girl who walked out, I'll go tell her." Around her were stifled gasps and with that Zella left.

***

She knew where she was going. She could feel her. Zella smirked thinking of all the fun she was going to have with Carissa until she figured out who Zella was.

This is really short I'm sorry...not that anyone's reading this. Hopefully the next chapter will be longer!

K bye
-Bee