kei tsukishima | soulmate

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ ⋆ ♡̩̥̩♡̩̩̥͙♡̩͙ˊˎ﹤

     When you write on your body your soulmate gets the same writing on theirs

     You sit at the lunch table across from your friend and her boyfriend. They had discovered that they were soulmates just a few weeks ago and they were already glued to each other. It made you want to vomit.

     You look across the lunchroom at your own soulmate, who was with his friend, Yamaguchi. How can he look so smug and condescending even when he's just eating lunch?

     When you were little, like every other child, you dreamed of meeting your soulmate and having a romance that was out of a fairytale. But the day you saw the doodles that you had drawn on yourself in art class littered across Tsukishima's skin was the day you stopped believing in soulmates.

     The boy had picked on you relentlessly since the first day you stepped into class with him. He would tease you about everything, from your height to your lunch to your grades on tests. He was always the first to point out a flaw or bad habit and you along with many others in the school resented him for it.

     You can still remember the exact words he said when you confronted him in the hallway while he was getting ready to leave for volleyball practice.

     He hummed just slightly and looked at his own exposed arm down to yours, "Well that fucking sucks," he said before brushing past you.

     You thought that just maybe he would change his attitude towards you after finding out that you were his soulmate, and you were right, he did. Instead of teasing you, he would flat out ignore you.

     Every time you attempted to reach out to him or even have a small conversation with him, he would look through you and not at you, and respond in the simplest of words without even looking up.

     He was an arrogant and self-centered bastard.

     He was the reason you didn't believe in soulmates.

     You look back at your other friend who was now writing small messages on her arm to her soulmate. You look down at your own arm. Tsukishima would sometimes write on his arm, but not in the way that most soulmates did. He would write plays for volleyball when he didn't have a spare piece of paper or a small reminder of something he had to do when he got home.

     Today it simply said 'Trig Homework pg 347 #1-10 even + pg 552 #9-25 odd.'

     Looks like that idiot forgot his planner.

-----

     You curse yourself for not bringing an umbrella on a day that you knew it was going to downpour. You had student council after school and you had hoped the rain would have subsided by the time it was finished, but you had been very wrong.