10

Holy.

No.

Yoongi looks up, realizing there's something wrong. But he's too late, and his hoarse yell tears through the night as he helplessly watches Jimin crash into the grass fifty feet below.

"Park Jimin!"

It feels like someone's kicked me right in the stomach. I can't breathe, as I watch everything unfold quickly later in the shadows of the roof.

Jimin's motionless body.

Guards pouring out from the castle, alerted by Yoongi's desperate cry.

Taehyung collapsing to the ground with wounds all over his figure. Jin knocked unconscious— slumping on Jungkook, who roars and fights hopelessly against the waves of men coming out from the castle.

It's happening so fast.

Soon he's beaten to the ground, and I can see blood on his pale cheek. His usually cheerful eyes are closed.

Unconscious.

All of them are. And I'm just watching, completely helpless as guards put their hands to their backs and carry them inside. Even Jimin— and my entire body grows cold when I see his arm forced in an unnatural angle.

No, no, no.

How can this just happen?!

My mind remains blank for a long minute after that, completely frozen with shock. But I soon snap out of it, digging my fingers into the hard surface of the roof.

They saved you.

Now you save them.

But can I do it? How can I— there were people swarming all over the castle, and how could I get seven wounded men out of the dungeons without being caught?

Calm your mind. Form a plan. Act.

It's what my mentor had always told me. Now I remember that, and I get to my feet, eyes burning into the castle where I'd been banished exactly two years ago.

Two years ago, when I'd been the first ranked South Assassin.

________________________

It's easy slipping into the castle. I knew the entire structure like the back of my hand, and that would help freeing the seven assassins.

I just didn't have much time.

The entrance of the dungeon was hidden from the eye. It seemed like just a normal door, guarded by just two guards who stood watch day and night.

Hidden in plain sight.

Now I stop in front of those two exact guards, and they raise an eyebrow as I tilt my head. My expression is arranged in confidence, and I decide to take a chance before I knocked them both flat out to the ground.