19

SEVEN

"Tae?"

The blue-haired boy pokes his head out from underneath the blankets, looking exhausted. He blinks when he sees me, climbing out sluggishly from his covers.

"Why do you look so tired?" I ask, frowning. His wrist is still wrapped in bandages, and he tilts his head sleepily.

"We have to complete training daily." He groans, rubbing at his back. "Didn't you do it too? Jimin should have taken you with him. He's your Finder."

"What..?"

Now I'm starting to get confused. I hadn't even seen the tip of Jimin's hair ever since that happened, and it was already midnight. He hadn't returned to his room, not even once.

"He didn't take you?" Taehyung says, crossing his hands together. "That's weird. Where is he?"

"I don't know."

Hearing that, he starts to get up. "Then I'll help you find h—"

"No!" I cut off a bit too loudly, making him look at me in surprise. "I mean, I mean you should rest. I'll go find him."

He runs his fingers through his blue locks, raising an eyebrow.

"You won't get lost, right?"

"Of course not." I say defensively, making him laugh under his breath. "I only suck at archery, okay? I can find my way around stuff."

Then I leave the room, tapping at my chin with my lips pressed together.

I'd told Taehyung all that just how, but honestly the truth was I had no idea where Jimin could possibly be. Where was I supposed to even start?

I sigh.

"Gosh, this idiot." I whisper softly under my breath as I start walking, thinking back to the map of the compound I'd memorized.

Maybe he was training. I knew being first rank meant you always had to keep up your skills, just in case someone challenged you.

On the way there, I pass the front— where the blue-tinged leaderboard is.

There are different categories, and I can't help but whistle to myself when I see Jimin's name almost at the top of each one. And when I look at the Total Ranking, his name's there.

Smack down in first.

And the others are all included in top ten as well. To my surprise, I see Jungkook's name written down for Third Rank, and Taehyung's for Fourth.

That cute little boy that loved calling me Noona?

Third Rank?

Then my eyes move to the unfamiliar name in Second Rank. It's someone that I don't know, but I still put it to memory.

Alex Choi.

Then I keep going, shuffling my way to the large training room. There is someone in there, and I find myself smiling when I see Jimin's familiar figure.

But that smile disappears in a flash when I see someone else, in there with him.

What the heck?