Different

A Month Later

October 27th — Thursday Morning
8:36 AM

It had been a month since Ford's disappearance and Abiah was still on edge. She hadn't let Ford out of her sight since she got him back from the precinct. She refused to let Mateo come over, or let anyone take Ford out of her sight. Tori was the only one that could have Ford without Abiah around. And it bothered André, but he understood. He was put up in hotel, trying to keep busy and away to keep he and Tori from arguing, and rarely had his phone on him. André knew it wasn't personal. She was scared and had every right to be.

The clock struck 6 past 8:30 and the teen mom was starting to rush. Abiah, sat on the floor of her room, getting Ford ready for their doctors appointment. She was going to see her new baby for the first time and Ford was getting a rash on his leg checked out. "App!" Ford called, pointing to his snack on the bed. Abiah, did her best to change his diaper as quickly as possible, but at almost 8 1/2 weeks she was exhausted. Her pants weren't fitting like they used to and she definitely wanting to take more naps.

"Hold on, lets get some pants on," she smiled, happy to see him liking healthy foods. "You want Nana?" Abiah asked, standing her child up, buttoning his pants and getting off the floor.

"Nanana," he repeated, hand out ready for his snack back. Abiah handed it off and grabbed her diaper bag and keys. "Mommy! He's coming for you!" Abiah said over the intercom as her son opened the cracked bedroom door and sprinted down the hall.

"Ready when you are," Tori replied through the same machine. Abiah followed her son and knocked on her sisters door as she passed by.

"Hurry up. We are ready and running late," Abiah called, before making sure her baby got up the stairs in one piece. "Mommy, did you cook breakfast?" Abiah asked, as the two slowly made it to the top of the stairs.

"Yes, there is oatmeal, bacon, fruit in the fridge, and juice. Eat quickly. We have to leave in less than twenty," Tori rushed, putting Koryna's shoes on. "Sammy, come get your jacket! Daddy and Jai are going to be here soon to get you and Kory," Tori called. Abiah shut the baby gate behind herself and grimaced. She hated that her father wasn't in the house, but after Irie told her what he did, she understood. It wasn't clear if her parents were getting a separation or not, but to say they were cordial when dropping the littles off, was an overstatement.

"Abi, you have to help me get Nomi on a schedule. She's five months old and has been doing too much!" Irie, said, opening the baby gate and stepping through.

"That was all mommy! She got Fordy on a schedule and he started to sleep better when she gave him soy formula," Abiah replied, putting some oatmeal in a bowl for she and Ford to share.

"Irie, if you want I can look to see if I still have Koryna's old swaddler. It saved our life when Koryna was her age," Tori said, finishing up with Sampson and started to fix breakfast for the littles.

"That would be perfect. I can't concentrate on Little Saint things when she's up at 1 AM," Irie said, fixing her own plate. Tori nodded and sat the kids plates on their play mat.

"André needs to hurry up, we are going to be late," Tori muttered, as the garage door opened and Jairus ran in with a McDonalds bag and drink.

"Good morning, mommy!" Jairus smiled, taking his food to the table. André came in not to long after with two coffees in his hands.

"Pop-pop!" Ford said pointing to his grandfather with a mouth full of oatmeal.

"Dré seriously? I told you I was cooking," Tori grumbled. Irie and Abiah shared a look, while Jairus ignored it.

"I know, I know, but I knew you'd want coffee, so..." he smirked, setting her coffee on the counter.

"Should've been a matcha." André rolled his eyes and sat at his old spot at the table. "Abiah, pack it up. He can eat in the car," Tori said. Her eyes stayed on André as she took the coffee cup, poured the contents down the sink, and threw away the cup. "Let's go,"

In the car, Irie and Abiah shared glances, silently conversing about the kitchen ordeal. Irie shook her head through her eyes, forcing Abiah to roll hers. "You two do realize I can see you, right?" Tori said, staring ahead.

"Why'd you do that? This morning with the coffee. He was just being nice," Abiah asked. Tori deeply sighed, the memories of their past flooding her brain.

"Because, that's your fathers game. He loves to pretend like he's the victim and I'm the bad guy, all the while playing a stacked deck. He blatantly ignored my text that I was cooking, just to bring me coffee? He ignores our vows, because I was busy taking care of our house and kids? But I'm the bad guy because I don't want his peace offering?" Tori humorlessly chucked. "Typical," she mumbled. Abiah and Irie shared one last look before settling into their seats.

9:01 AM

Caelan and André sat on the balcony drinking beers staring out into the valley. "I can't believe she kicked you out," Caelan mumbled with the bottle to his lips. André huffed, sitting up and leaning on his lap.

"Dude, she called me back home to get my shit! I thought we were going to talk about this, work it out. I get home, she tells me Irie was being beaten by Reggie, then tells me we have a shot a recovery if I leave for a while," André recited. Caelan shook his head with a chuckle.

"Well, I mean, what did you expect? You got the mistress pregnant,"

"Allegedly! The test hasn't come back yet, and I used a condom," André defended. Caelan shook his head.

"So you thought about, thought about cheating! That's fucked up bro," The basketball player grumbled. "Dude, I'm surprised she hasn't hit you with divorce papers. I know I would've. Bruh, if I cheated on Lex, I'd be dead. You need to make this up to her. Without your penis! I'm with Tori on this one," Caelan chose, taking another sip of his beer. André rolled his eyes and laid back in the lounge chair.

"Shut up," André replied.

At the doctors, Ford squirmed all over the cold table. Tears rushed down his face as he reached for Abiah. "Momma!" Ford screamed.

"I'm sorry, baby. But, you have a boo boo and we have to get it looked at," Abiah mumbled, kissing her sons head. "I know, Fordy," she said. The one-year-old started to knock his head against her chest, signaling that he was tired. "Mom, can you hand me his bottle?" Tears started to form in the sixteen-year-olds eyes. She hated to see her son upset, especially if she couldn't do anything.

"Here," Tori handed off the bottle and glanced to Irie, who was for once not holding Nomi. The baby girl was taking her first of many naps, but would be up soon for her appointment.

"Fordy, you have to calm down, your going to make yourself sick," Abiah pleaded, handing her baby the bottle, of which he threw and continued pull for her. "Mommy, what do I do?" Abiah asked, feeling a sense of overwhelming panic. Tori looked at the sight and shrugged.

"I don't know. You guys were never screamers. You all enjoyed the doctors. Try candy," Tori suggested. Abiah went into the diaper bag and sought out an organic lollipop.

"Fordy, you want a sucker?" Abiah bribed. The one-year-old immediately started to coo and reach for the candy on a stick. "Weird, it's like you're a mom or something," Abiah joked, causing her sister to chuckle. Tori on the other hand was very distracted.

"Uhh, I'll be back," Tori mumbled taking her phone to the lobby. Her wifey senses were tingling and she had to get some answers.

🤍🤍🤍
To Be Continued...