Chapter 6: An unexpected discovery

Hey Guys and Girls. Here is a new chapter for you all. I hope you  will enjoy it. I will try to update as soon as I can.

See you in the next chapter.

Caro :D

Sombra POV

I landed in the middle of the inner courtyard of the ruins and sighed, being completely exhausted from flying around the whole morning and afternoon. "And another unsuccessful day of searching. How does she manage to move around Parmera unnoticed? Not a single trace can be found of her.", rolled it frustrated over my lips. My sister then landed elegantly next to me and replied: "I don't know but we will find her, brother. She can't hide forever." I nodded slightly and stepped inside the building with Luxilia. "I'll make us dinner. You're in the mood for anything special?", asked she me with a tired but loving smile. I just shook my head and said: "No. Everything you are cooking is delicious sister." Luxilia laughed heartily and walked cheerfully towards the direction of the kitchen. Since I wasn't a very good cook, I didn't go with her but to our library in the upper level of the castle, which we had finally renovated a few days ago.

As a small child, my father and I spend a lot of happy moments there, reading a wide variety of stories and topics. "Why did you have to leave us alone father.", came it out of my mouth in a quiet whisper. Carefully I opened the door to the big hall, which held a big amount of shelves. If you were never in here, it would feel like a maze. With silent steps I strolled through the aisles and was looking for a specific book. It was not a very special book for strangers, but for me it was something very important. Father and aunt Cat gave me this book for my birthday in the year my sister and I lost them both. After a few more minutes I finally found the little adventure book and held it gently in my hands. It looked a little torn, but it didn't surprise me. It was already pretty old. With cautious fingers I stroked over the dusty leather.

My fingertip followed the lines of the written letters of the title. Carefully I opened the book and felt the tears gather in my eyes. There were a few slight damages and some words began to fade on the yellowish paper of these old pages. All the wonder I had felt as a child, came back with all the memories of the stories, which were read to me by my family. I closed the book gently before I held it tightly to my chest. Sobbing it came from me: "I wish we could bring you back. We miss you both so much." For a while I stood there and cried my eyes out. At some point I must have sat down on the floor and looked up to the ceiling as if I was waiting for a sign. After I calmed down slowly, I brushed away the tears from my eyes and cheeks. I took a deep breath with a hint of sobbing while carefully getting up from the cold and dirty carpet floor and closed my eyes to calm myself down.

Suddenly I heard someone sneak around the place and opened my eyes in a flash. Worried I looked around me but all I saw were the stacks of books in the shelves. "Did I really hear that or am I starting to hallucinate?", I asked myself puzzled. However, I heard soft footstep sounds, which seemed much too delicate to be from a person. My curiosity was sparked and I snuck along the aisles of shelves as best as I could. The steps went further and further into the depths of the library and stopped now and then as if they were waiting for me to get close. Slowly I turned around a corner and looked carefully down the aisle, however, I found no one. With a sigh I said: "I'm going insane. I must have imagined all of this." Before I could go back though, I was sure I saw something rush past in the corner of my eyes, but as soon as I rushed down the aisle and turned the corner, the corridor was empty again. //Somebody must be here.//, I thought to myself and moved further down the aisle.

When the steps came again, I rushed down the way the sounds took and managed to catch sight of a silvery, bushy tail, which vanished around another corner. "What the...", rolled it over my lips and ran after the small animal through the library. After a few seconds I realized that it was a small fox. The small silver fox led me through the entire maze of bookshelves until we arrived at the other end of the large room. There the little animal disappeared through a gap behind a shelf. Before he went through though, he looked me briefly in my eyes. Confused and a little taken back, I stayed in front of the shelf. Puzzled I said to myself: "Why does it feel like those eyes are familiar to me? Best would be I am trying to figure out where the little fox went." Then I was going to the shelf and searched for a hidden lever that would move the shelf out of the way.