The stranger

Through dinner Hunter couldn't get the stranger's voice out of his mind.  He took his time to eat. The food was delicious. After dinner he went back to his room, as he was asked.  He lay down on his bed, thinking. Why did that stranger talk to him? Hunter decided that the stranger was just trying to be friendly, so he shrugged it off his mind, and went to sleep. He had peaceful dreams that night, he had a good night's sleep. The next morning Babette woke him up early. "Time for breakfast", she said. He quickly got dressed and went down to the dining hall. 

Hunter scanned the room for the stranger. No sign of her anywhere. The food looked so good he couldn't resist biting into it. The food was so good that Hunter soon forgot about the stranger. He kept eating. Babette called him away from the table before the other children. " You are to go to school today,"she told him. "At Maple Ridge. It has a gifted program as well" Hunter nodded his head in response. "We have supplies for you to put in your backpack. You will take the school bus. It comes in one hour".

Hunter grabbed the supplies given to him by Babette and sprinted to his room. He packed all the stuff into his backpack and then brushed his teeth. He brought all his stuff over by the door and ran back into his room for free time until the bus comes. He was thinking about the odd state his house was in. Not cleared yet,  it completely destroyed. Then, he remembered. 

Inside the family's mansion he remembered seeing that the kitchen didn't seem very burnt, compared to the rest of the house. If the fire really started in the kitchen, the kitchen would've been the most burnt. Hunter racked his brain, trying to remember where in the house was the most burnt then he realized