Chapter 2

"Please don't hurt me" a voice rasped out quietly.

On the other end of the flashlight was a meek girl. Her face and body soiled with dirt and blood, her hair knotted and frizzed, her body was skinny with her bones showing through her skin, big dark circles were under her eyes. Next to her looked like a small little boy and girl. The little kids were huddled around her and she was hiding them behind her. The kids looked the same like her.

"Toni come check this out" Jughead called. She made her way over to where he was and the sight that she saw made her stomach churn.

It was the decaying corps of Jason Blossom. Though another shocking sight was the bullet wound that was on his forehead. 

"Alright Sweets, get them out of here and bring them to my trailer, not my uncle's though" she instructed. Sweetpea and Fangs started making their way to the girl and the kids, but then the girl started screaming.

"NO! NO PLEASE DON'T!" she said and the kids started crying.

After a couple minutes of protesting, the girl finally fainted from exhaustion and they brought them to the truck, as well as the kids.

-------------

"What do you think happened to them?" Jughead asked as he looked at the rearview mirror to see the girl passed out with the kids sitting beside her, obviously afraid.

"I don't know Jug. But I bet it's something horrible for her to act like she did" she sighed.

-------------

When they arrived at Toni's trailer, Sweetpea carried the girl into the trailer and set her down on Toni's couch, the kids were being lead in by Toni as she held onto both of their hands. She sat them down on a rug she had in the floor since the girl was taking over the couch. They all huddled around the kitchen with worried faces.

"What are we gonna do about them Toni?" Fangs whispered.

"I'll figure it out" she sighed and glanced at the two kids that were cautiously looking around. She then slowly walked over to them, the kids only backed away until they were pressed against the wall. Then she bent down on her knees to be on their height.

"Hey, do you wanna take a bath?" she said softly, trying not to intimidate the kids. The kids only looked at each other before hesitantly nodding. Toni then lead them to her bathroom to give them a bath.

She ran them a warm bath, scrubbing their pale skin with soap and shampooing their hair. She didn't notice it before but their hair was a vibrant copper red. Once she was finished bathing them, she wrapped them each on a towel and lead them to her room to look for something that might fit them.

Though that was when she heard frantic screaming.

"Stay here alright?" she asked, the two children only nodded, already gaining their trust. After that she walked out to the living room to see the girl that was previously unconscious being held back by Sweetpea.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" she screamed with tears in her eyes. Toni carefully approached them.

"Boys, you can go. Come back tomorrow" she said and they boys made their way out, "Hey, listen" she said carefully, slowly approaching the girl. "Your brother and sister are fine, I just gave them a bath, I hope you don't mind"  The girl nodded hesitantly. "Why don't you take a bath as well?" Toni offered. Thankfully, the girl agreed and she lead her to the bathroom. So she went back to her room and found clothes for the little girl, but she found none for the boy. She decided to just call Fangs and ask him if he had any clothes from when he was little. After a couple minutes, he came by and dropped them off.

They were sitting in the living room, watching cartoons when the girl emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around herself. Toni couldn't help but stare, now that she was all bathed and clean, she seemed so much more beautiful. She was broken out of it when the girl cleared her thraot.

"Right, you need clothes" she said and lead her to her room. "Pick anything you want to wear. I'll be in the living room" she said and left her to get dressed.

(713 words)