Chapter 4: What do I do when I miss you?

At the hospital, Yoon Se-ri is now away from danger and is slowly recovering. While she is fixing her hospital gown, Secretary Hong, Park Su Chan and Kwon Dong-Ho knocked and entered her room.

"Are you feeling better now, Ms. Yoon?," Park Su-Chan asked Se-ri.

"Yes, I am getting stronger and stronger everyday." Se-ri said.

"That's good to hear, Ms. Yoon. We brought you some fruits.", Secretary Hong said.

"Thank you. You can just put it on the table and I'll have some later.", she said while walking towards her bed.

Yoon Se-ri's mother, holding her phone, entered the room.

Facing Se-ri's employees, she said, "Can you excuse us for a moment?", they nodded and left the room so that she can talk to Yoon Se-ri alone.

"Yes Eoma?", Se-ri asked.

"He is leaving today.", she informed her.

Surprised and caught off guard, she said, "That's good to hear. I guess the investigation went well and he told them the truth and that is why they allowed him to go back."

"Do you want to see him?", her mother asked.

"Ahmm, it's okay Eoma. I don't want him to get worried when he sees me like this. It might make it more difficult for him to leave. I don't even want him to know that I was in critical condition.", she told her mother.

Se-ri's mom smiled at her and gently touched her face and said, "Do you think he didn't know?".

Se-ri looked up at her mother's face. "He knew. He was beside you all along. He was there when you had a long surgery. He stood beside you when the doctor and nurses were trying to revive you. He stood and waited for you to regain consciousness without eating, drinking or sleeping for three nights. When you opened your eyes, he was there, and he quietly left as soon as he found out that you were stable and better. He was with you every step of the way.", her mom told Yoon Se-ri.

"Do you still don't want to see him off?", she asked her.

Breaking into tears, Yoon Se-ri answered, "I want to see him. . .I really want to see him."

***

At the NIS detention center, Captain Ri, Jung Man Bok, Park Gwang Beom, and Geum Eun-Dong said their goodbyes to their comrades.

"Take care of each other and stay healthy here always.", Captain Ri told Pyo Chi Su and Ju Meok.

"You too Captain. We will look after one another and take care of Yoon Se-ri as well.", Kim Ju Meok answered.

They bid farewell to one another and started preparing to head off.

***

Inside the NIS bus, Chief Kim received a call from Han Jeong-Yeon, Yoon Se-ri's mother. He looked at Ri Jeong Hyeok looking at the window and looking calm. They exchanged glances and he said to Ms. Jeong-Yeon, "We just left, and I think we still have some time. Just hurry."

Taking one last look at his surroundings, Jung Man Bok said, "I think I am going to think about this place every now and then." He turned his head towards Jeong Hyeok, "I'm glad that Yoon Se-ri is now recovering better and surpassed the critical stage. She is going to be okay."

Captain Ri looked at Jung Man Bok and smiled at his words of comfort and assurance.

"Yoon Se-ri, was in critical condition?", Eun-Dong asked. Gwang Beom looked at him and said, "Yes, but she is now recuperating."

Their bus has already passed through the DMZ South Korea entrance. Chief Kim is looking at his watch and hoping that Yoon Se-ri will be able to see Ri Jeong Hyeok before he leaves the country.