Chapter 7: My North Star

Yoon Se-ri woke up to a beautiful morning. As soon as she got up, she received a text message.

RJH: Today is the Mangzhong Season. It's the day we plant seeds.

"What? Mangzhong? Was he a farmer in his past life? Gosh. . .Ri Jeong Hyeok", feeling flustered, Se-ri said.

RJH: So, you'll be getting a flowerpot. You'll know what it is after you grow it. It may be sensitive and fussy but, if you do as you're told, it'll sprout after two weeks. You need to water it, but since it's sensitive to humidity, don't give it too much. Give it a moderate amount of water.

RJH: It needs sunlight as well, but don't put it under the sun for too long. Keep it under the sun for a moderate amount of time.

RJH: And lastly, this is the most important part when growing plants, you probably know well. Say ten nice things to it everyday.

Looking at the flowerpot she received, she felt so happy and contented. She got up and prepared for the day.

"Pyo Chi Su and Kim Ju Meok!", she called them.

"Yeah!", Pyo Chi Su answered.

"It's Mangzhong season today, so why don't we go get some seeds and start planting. This house may need more green in it", she excitedly told them.

Kim Ju Meok looked at Pyo Chi Su and said, "Is she trying to turn this house into a forest?"

They both followed Yoon Se-ri to the door and went with her to buy some seeds.

***

Inside the Office of the GPB, Ri Jeong Hyeok entered his father's office.

"You requested to see me Abeonim?" he told his father.

"Take a seat, Ri Jeong Hyeok. I have something important to discuss with you", Director Ri said.

Jeong Hyeok took a seat.

"What is it Abeonim?", he asked.

"I am informing you that I will be going to Seoul next week to meet with the South Korean Officials regarding the Inter-Korean Sports Tournament", he told Ri Jeong Hyeok. "And. . .I wanted you to come with me as the new Deputy Adviser of the Cultural and Sports Department", Director Ri added.

Ri Jeong Hyeok is startled and started staring at his father.

"You must be overwhelmed with what I have just told you but, I am sorry to tell you that I can't allow you to meet with Yoon Se-ri", Director Ri said as he looked at Ri Jeong Hyeok. "This is your first committee meeting and I want it go as smoothly as possible. You do understand?", he told him.

"Yes Abeonim. I completely understand. I don't want to put you in a bad position as well," he answered.

"Thank you", Director Ri said. "However, what I can do is to allow you to meet with the Division 11 agents, Pyo Chi Su and Kim Ju Meok", he informed him.

Ri Jeong Hyeok surprised and put up a gentle smile to express his gratitude to his father.

"Oh, and by the way, you should start your move this week to your new apartment. I expect that you have already settled in before we leave," Director Ri reminded Jeong Hyeok.

***

Inside Yoon Se-ri's office, the marketing team are collaborating about the new Seri's Choice Limited Edition Skin Care Line.

"Mr. Cheong, I am impressed with our upcoming Skin Care Line. You have all exceeded my expectations. Congratulations Team!", Se-ri proudly told the marketing team.