Chapter 6: I Looked at the Sky and I Saw You

At the Sariwon Hospital, Seo Dan and her mother are waiting for Gu Seung-Jung to wake up from his surgery. Her uncle entered the room.

"Dan, your mother told me about what happened. I reviewed Alberto's profile and his business history. I believe the person behind this is the businessman he swindled back in South Korea", his uncle informed her.

Furious, Seo Dan said, "I will not let those people go away easily. I think there is someone who could lead us to the people who did this to Gu Seung-Jung. This is me getting my revenge to those who did this to us."

***

At the Pyongyang Hotel, Seo Dan met Gu Seung-Jung's caretaker who helped him escape the people who wanted to kill him.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Gu Seung-Jung," he told Seo Dan.

"Don't worry about the consequences, just tell me everything. I was informed that the members of the gang are still in this country", she said, while removing her glasses.

Leaning forward, her eyes glaring, she said, "There's no way they are leaving this country alive. Also, someone must be financing the gang. I think its Yoon Se-ri's brother."

Scared, Gu Seung-Jung's caretaker started spilling everything and informed Seo Dan about everything that transpired.

***

Back in Seoul, Yoon Se-ri was discharged from the hospital and is sitting in his family's home with her father. Her brother Se-Hyeong and his wife just arrived.

"When did you got discharged?" his brother arrogantly asked her.

"A few hours ago," she answered.

Facing his father, he said, "Why is she here? Isn't she going to be investigated? She violated the National Security Law. This will be bad for the image of the business—"

"She is going to be assisted by my lawyer. She's probably just going to be fined as they are also looking at other circumstances. You, on the other hand, should mind your own business as you will be facing your own problems," their father told Se-Hyeong.

"What do you mean Abeonim?" startled he asked.

"If you really know the law, then you should have been more careful", Yoon Se-ri told her brother.

Chief Kim walked into the room with Manager Oh cuffed and being held by a NIS Agent. He said everything in front of Yoon Se-ri and his father. Se-Hyeong and his wife were taken and cuffed by the police. They were also informed that all substantial evidence that will convict Se-Hyeong and his wife were also forwarded to the National Intelligence Service.

***

Pyo Chi Su and Kim Ju Meok assisted Yoon Se-ri as she walked into her house. She opened the door and they all went in. Yoon Se-ri is looking around and started thinking of Ri Jeong Hyeok.

Thirsty, she went to the fridge to get herself a bottle of water. As she is about to open the fridge she noticed the post-it notes taped on the door of the fridge. She read "How to cook noodles" and "How to cook scorched rice". Surprised, she opened the fridge and found that it is stock with food. She closed the fridge and opened the kitchen cabinet and found food supplies inside.

She realized that Ri Jeong Hyeok must have prepared for the day they must say goodbye by doing all those things. Her heart started longing for him. Tears started flowing and she found herself on the floor. She cried and cried and cried as the pain for longingness pierced through her heart.

Pyo Chi Su and Kim Ju Meok hears Se-ri crying and immediately went up to her. Upon seeing her, they were at lost for words.

Ju Meok sat on the floor and embraced Se-ri. She held on to him and continued crying.