Chapter 11

Amber

Night had fallen over the house and I was getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, kind of like the bad feeling I got the night I found out Quentin died. I felt a sharp pain pulsing through my stomach and I just knew something bad had happened. I brushed it aside, thinking nothing of it, until an hour later I got the call that our other home in Miami was robbed, set on fire and Quentin was dead inside.

I shouldn't have brushed that aside. I should have acted on that bad feeling I got, and I'm not going to let the same thing happen to me twice. I can't lose another family member because I'm not paying attention again. I mean, I already lost Q, who will I lose next? Or will I be the one losing my life next? Nonetheless, I couldn't plan another funeral again, especially not while all of this nonsense is going on with the business.

I tightened my robe around my waist and walked off of the balcony and back into my room. I made sure to lock the balcony doors just in case somebody saw me standing out there and I did the same for my bedroom door. If somebody wanted to come in here, they were gonna have to put in some work to get through these doors.

I walked over to my vanity, grabbed the stool and pushed it under the knob of my bedroom door. I hated having to do this every night, but I didn't feel safe anymore. I know I talk a lot of shit to people, and they deserve it, but my mouth has created enemies for me and I gotta protect myself at all times. Because if I die, then so does Quentin's business and his legacy because we all know King isn't equipped to handle anything.

He's just as dumb, if not dumber, than that stupid bitch Heiress we stole him from. I made it my life's mission to make her life a living hell. Well, that was my job duty, according to Quentin. He and I worked side by side to break that bitch down to the point of no return, only for her bitch ass son to help her get back up on her feet with my money. It's bull shit, if you ask me. We gave that little nigga so much, only for him to turn on us in the end and take the side of a dope head.

And both of their dumb antics are what's made me start watching my back so much the past few weeks. It's like they both just disappeared off of the face of the Earth because nobody's seen or heard from them in weeks. And to make matters worse, their little ghetto antics at dinner a few weeks ago caused the connects and distributors to cease any business that they have with me, so I'm all alone now. I didn't have anyone helping me with the business, but I'll be all right. I've been at the bottom before and I clawed and lied my way to the top and I'll do it again. I'm always good in the end.

"These bitches don't know who they fucking with," I whispered to myself as I pulled the covers back on my bed.

The smell of the covers reminded me of Quentin because they still smelled like the strong cologne he always wore. I haven't washed the sheets or covers since Quentin was killed a few months ago because I just can't bring myself to do it. I still need to be able to smell something of his to be able to remember him and these covers are the only thing I have that reminds me of him. I snuggled tighter under the covers and just listened to the silence in my room and it was truly draining.

What had my life come to? I made it my life's mission to ruin Heiress' life, I made sure I was a good woman and did everything Quentin every asked of me, even raised his bitch ass Grandson and now I'm all alone. But you know what, this is all King's fault. If it wasn't for him, Heiress would still be at the brothel. And if it wasn't for him, Quentin wouldn't have been in Miami securing connects for his ass and wouldn't have gotten killed. Quentin was always looking out for King's immature ass and it came back to bite him in the ass. 

This was all King's fault. My life falling apart and losing the love of my life was all a direct result of not killing his ass the moment he came busting out of Heiress' loose ass p*ssy. Quentin told me to kill him as soon as Heiress had him, but I felt bad for him. He was a kid and I didn't want him caught up in what his fast ass Mama was doing,  but I should've listened to Quentin. Had I known King would make my life as miserable as he has, I wouldn't have shown mercy on him.