Ceremony of the Dead: Chap 21

Not edited.

Sebastian's POV

When I woke up Amelia, I assumed, had been moved to a different medical tent where she was being treated. Sleeping had allowed my body to heal as most of my wounds were closed. They weren't completely healed but it didn't hurt as much to move. I pushed myself up and threw my legs over the side of the cot to place my feet on the ground. I grimaced when I stood to my feet. I felt like one giant sore muscle. I slowly walked to the exit of the tent pulling back the flap to see it had grown dark outside. The moon hung high in the sky, it must have been close to midnight.

The wolves who had obtained minimum injures were carrying the bodies of those who passed to the huge piles of wood. They were going to burn all the bodies. 

I scanned the area to see if there was anyone that I knew alive. Quinn and Mia lit up when they saw me. They both jumped to their feet and rushed toward me. I groaned as Mia wrapped her arms around me. "Ow." I groaned making her step back quickly.

"I'm sorry... we thought you were dead." a small chuckle bubbled from my chest.

"I have found out that I am really hard to kill. You can't get rid of me that easily." I said to them. Quinn pulled me into a light hug after he made sure I was ready. I accepted it. It was nice to see familiar faces. They both looked terrible. They looked as bad as I felt, their faces were badly beaten.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked after a few moments once I noticed his gay ass wasn't present. "I am surprised he isn't here punching me in the face."

Quinn looked at the ground and cleared his throat, "Tyler is hurt pretty bad. They aren't sure if he is going to make it through the night." 

"Where is he?" I asked making Mia point to one of the medical tents. The three of us made our way there. As we walked I noticed it had snowed a bit in the last few hours. Mia held back the flap and I ducked inside seeing the many who were injured. Tyler laid three cots from the back and I pushed my way past a couple nurses to make my way over to him. They were not kidding about his condition. 

Tyler's gut had been basically ripped open. I could see they had tried to stitch what was left closed, but it looked like an infected mess. His chest rose and fell rapidly like his could barely catch a breath. Seeing him like this was going to make me throw up. I turned around quickly and left the tent with haste. I leaned over and just vomited bile. It burned in my throat as it came up. The force from the hurling reopened the wound on my stomach. Mia started to rub my back to sooth me once she came out of the tent.

"Is he alright?" I looked up to see the voice had come from Kaden... Recently upgraded to alpha Kaden. Seeing him boiled my blood and I was not completely sure why. Maybe it was the fact that he had completely fucked me up during the battle. That, and he wanted my girl. 

In a split second my hand connected with the side of his face causing him to stumble back. His minions were quick to his side, ready to protect him from me. Pathetic. At least I don't get other people to fight my battles.

"Look Sebastian, I know you are angry with me, but we need to put this behind us. There are bigger issues at hand." He said rubbing his jaw from the impact, "Guys I'm fine. Leave us." His minions dispersed, wary to leave his side like I was going to explode again. I wanted to, but I wasn't sure if my body could take anymore exertion.  

Killing Derek and Ace had given him power. I could feel it pour off of him now that he had claimed the title. In the days to come he would become stronger and faster. I also knew I wouldn't be able to take him in my condition. 

"We need to put our differences aside. There are people from your pack who have not been accounted for." He ran a hand through his hair before gesturing to the pack house. "A few I am sure you know." Mia had stayed behind as I followed Kaden. I stayed silent so that he would continue. "Andrew and Ally are two out of several."