When the Darkness Seeps In: Chap 17

Amelia's POV

"You're lying to me. He wouldn't do that to me." My father gave me a look of pity, as he stared at me with his sea green eyes. The ones I had inherited from him. 

"He wanted to be part of this pack! He wouldn't run unless you gave him a reason to." Derek was stroking his beard in the corner of the room just casually listening to our exchange. 

"But how well do you know him? This could have been his plan the whole time." I shook my head refusing to hear this.

"I hate you." I whispered but I knew he heard me by the way my fathers face retorted. "I wish you weren't my father." And with that slap to the face I turned around and left the room. My mother was chewing on her nails outside of the office. I didn't say anything as I passed her to climb the stairs to my bedroom. I pulled out my suitcase and changed into a pair of jeans and my favourite baggy sweater.

I looked at my hand that had healed completely, there was no evidence that it even happened. I ran my fingers over the skin wishing I could feel the pain again. To know that I was real. I slipped on my boots and walked back down the stairs where Greg was waiting for me. "Going to school today?" He asked his face lined with concern. 

"Yeah... But I want to see Kaden before I go."

"As your guard I would suggest that you stay home and rest since you've barely slept these last few days, but as your friend I would go and demand answers from Mr. Peters. I am sure your friends miss you." That was the kindest thing he'd ever said to me. 

"I'm going to school today. I need to get away from here."

Greg nodded and left me to walk to the hospital so he could go get the car ready. It was the first day of December and it was welcomed with a light snow fall that begun to once again, cover the ground in a blanket of whiteness. I opened the door shivering from the cold. Emily greeted me with a smile nodding towards the door to his room.

I rushed into the room and a huge smile spread across my face. "Kaden!" I shouted launching myself into his bed. He groaned laughing slightly. 

"Hello there." I nuzzled my face into his neck as he petted my hair. 

"You almost died." I said quietly. 

"Can't get rid of me that easily Winters." I closed my eyes a tear betraying me to slip down my cheek, "Don't cry Amelia, I'm okay."

"I just don't want to lose you." He chuckled softly. 

"Was I in that bad of condition?" Images of blood gushing from his wounds were called to mind after he asked. How the blood had stained by hands.

I nodded, "You almost died." I told him again thinking of how if the Moon Goddess hadn't healed him he would've been dead. 

"Trust me I'm not going anywhere." The smile that spread across his face was meant to show that he meant it and I believed him. 

"Sebastian escaped last night." I looked up to see his eyebrows had furrowed. 

"Why would he do that?" He asked making my stomach drop. My father's face came to mind but I too was worried that I may have been the cause once again. 

"My father was going to execute him for treason. So he took his opportunity to run... but my father told me he ran back to his old pack..." I still did not want to believe it, but he had gone back to them instead of staying here with me. It made me sad and angry with him all at once. 

"I don't think he would do that to you." He told me petting my hair once again. 

"That's what I thought but lone wolves don't usually make it on their own... maybe he went back because he thought we betrayed him, but this pack his birth right and there shouldn't be anything to keep him from it." He did belong here, he belonged here with me.