Guilt and Redemption: Chap 16

Amelia's POV

I don't know how long I stayed in his arms before he was ripped away from me. "Lock him up!" My father screamed. 

"No! Bash!" Derek held me back as Sebastian let himself be dragged, completely naked by four werewolves, "No he-he can't do that. I-I can't lose him again." I whispered. Derek was silent loosening a bit after I stopped struggling. Reality came smacking back creating a pounding in my head and ringing in my ears.

I pushed Derek away and ran to Kaden's limp body. The pack Doctor was hovering over him, checking for any signs of life. "He's alive. Barely." She called a few people over who lifted him up. Panic had settled into my stomach as I was walked back into the house, with Derek's hands pressed into my back. 

Megan looked worried. Really worried. "Amelia?" She touched my arm making me flinch. 

"They took him." My voice was shaky as my entire body trembled.

"Megan I think it's best if we get you home." Said Greg eyeing me carefully. She nodded once going up the stairs to get her things. My mother then took place of Derek and sat me on the couch giving me a cup of warm water.

"Amelia?" She asked, but I didn't answer, "Sweetheart, talk to me. You're scaring me."

"Where are they taking him?" I asked. 

"Sebastian?" She questioned. 

I shook my head, "Kaden. Where are they taking Kaden?" My voice was alien to my ears. 

"To the pack hospital." she said as I stared into the bottom of the glass. It shook slightly with my hands making the water move slightly.

"Take me to him."

~

I clutched Kaden's limp hand in our pack hospital. I hadn't slept all night, not that I minded. But Kaden wasn't healing as he should and that terrified me.

"Amelia you should go get some sleep." A nurse, who's name I had learned as Emily, told me. She was kind checking in on him every so often, "Don't you have school?" 

I shook my head, "I don't want to leave his side until he wakes up." She gave me a sad look before she nodded and left the room again. This was my fault. If he hadn't been trying to protect me he wouldn't of gotten hurt. I reached over running my hands through his sandy coloured hair and down across his cheek. He was running a ridiculously high fever. I knew that I should of gone to school today... But it just didn't seem right.

"It's tragic isn't it." I jumped pushing my chair away. The Mood Goddess chuckled softly sitting on the hospital bed next to Kaden.

"Is this supposed to be the person I lose?" I questioned panicking. She shook her head.

"Kaden will survive. He has a major role to play in this story." 

I sighed in relief, "So he's going to be okay?" I asked watching her move a piece of hair from his face. 

"Yes, he will heal." The Moon Goddess was of course, gorgeous as ever with her long shiny raven hair. "How have you been? Nightmares?" 

I nodded, "They never seem to go away." I told her.

"What about the pendant?" She asked making me stop. 

"How did you know about that?" 

She smiled, "I know everything that happens within the werewolf world. A mother must look after her children."