Gasoline Really?: Chap 10

Amelia's POV

"Dad?"

My mother gasped beside me as my father walked through the front door holding his arm to his chest. His face... I couldn't even describe how beaten up it was. He had been gone for three days but he was alive, and standing right in front of me.

He gave a weak smile and a wave before my mother threw herself at him. He visibly winced but accepted having her in his arms. "It's okay, I'm okay." He whispered trying to comfort my completely heartbroken mother. When mom pulled away it wasn't too long until my grandmother threw herself at him with her eyes full of her tears.

"I'm okay mom." She pulled away and cupped his cheeks in her aged hands. She nodded and turned back towards me. My father and I locked eyes and I was immediately on the verge of tears. Over the last three days I couldn't help but think about all the things that my dad and I went through. He was my hero, and he would always be my hero.

I took two steps forward and crushed against him making him grunt. "It's okay baby, I'm here." He said soothing his good hand over my hair that was a tangled mess at the moment. 

"I love you daddy." I whispered. 

"I love you too baby." I let the tears fall down my cheeks as I crumpled his shirt between my hands.

"What happened between you and Sebastian's alpha?" He stiffened underneath me before he sighed. 

"I guess it's time for you learn the whole story." I pulled away and he wiped my tears away with his thumb, "Mom can you make us some tea, preferably the green one." Grandmother nodded and hurried into the kitchen while dad led me to the living room where he sat me down on the couch.

He took a seat across from me in the arm chair and leaned back with a groan. "His name was Ace, sometimes he goes by the name Zerverus now that he is an alpha. Once upon a time he was my best friend." Zeverus? Ace? Who was he? "I was a born wolf as you know, the alpha of our family because I was a direct line from the first alpha." He continued. 

"So there was an alpha a long time ago and you are the direct descendant from that bloodline?" I asked.

He nodded sternly. "My father was the great great great grandchild of Caine, not the same Caine that's still alive. Caine, who is the oldest member of this pack was also a son of the original Caine Winters." My brows scrunched together. 

"So you're saying the Caine who killed his brother is my great great great great grandfather?" He shook his head at my question.

"No Caine and Abel were humans." Oh thank goodness, "Being the oldest of my generation I became an alpha when I turned eighteen. Ace was diagnosed with a deadly disease and there wasn't any chance that he would survive. On the night you were born Ace was on the brink of death and I panicked, unable to loose him on the day you were born. I told him about me, what I was and I offered him the bite so he could live." He paused when grandmother walked in handing both of us a mug full of green tea, "He didn't want it at first but I insisted."

"So Ace was human?" He nodded taking a sip of his tea that I had yet to touch. 

"I bit him and he changed not too soon after... But his transformation was different and I think it was because of his sickness. He... he went mad and that madness drove him to be power hungry. He became jealous of my power and he found a way to take mine, and he didn't stop, taking more and more. I was no longer an alpha and he began making a pack of his own. He stole a quarter of my territory and started turning people against me... He... He came after you and tried to kill you because of the prophecy told about the winter wolf that was to destroy him." He swallowed. "That scar on your collarbone is from his claws. You burned him just like that vampire." My hands subconsciously went to the scars that you could barely see unless you were inches from it. "He may not of killed you, but he killed your brother." The air caught in my throat. I had a brother?! "His name was Connor, Connor Winters."