Chapter 1

Nova shot straight up, sweat drenching her body and the sheets beneath her. Silent tears streamed down her face as she slowly recovered her breathing. That was too real. It felt  like she had never left. She brought her knees up to her chest hugging them. She froze when she felt movement beside her.

Her companion slept silently beside her. His brown hair a hot adorable mess. The smile that she gave him was short lived when she remembered her dream. She turned back to stare into the pitch black room, her eyes staring into nothingness.

She shook her head, doing her best to push the dream to the back of her mind. She was unsuccessful. She moved to the side of the bed resting her head in her hands. 

This had gone on too long. She still hadn't told the others what had happened exactly. what he had told her. She couldn't tell them. They would all turn on her.

"Nova?" the sleepy voice of Lance reached her ears. She felt the bed shift beneath her as Lance came up behind her. He wrapped an arm around her waist with one arm, and with the other he intertwined his fingers with hers. "You okay?" He asked as he began to softly kiss her neck.

"Just a bad dream." Nova replied absent-mindlessly.

"Mkay." Lance kissed her neck once more, "Come back to bed. I'll make sure you're safe." he smiled against her neck, before kissing it once more.

She smiled, only for it to disappear. "How do you know? What if there's something out there that even you can't protect me from?" She rested her arm over Lance's arm around her waist. He had always been there for her, but if he learned about the one thing that she lived through she knew that he would be gone.

She felt Lance freeze against her before moving to the edge of the bed. "Hey you know I'll always be there. No matter what." He said softly pulling her into a hug, "You have nothing to worry about." 

Nova sighed letting him know that she was satisfied with his answer. Still an unsettling feeling stirred within her. It was only a matter of time before her secret is reveled and they want nothing to do with her.

"Nova?"

"Hm?" She replied. Her hands were fiddling with his shirt offering somewhat of a distraction.

"Where is all this coming from?" he began to rub small circles on her back. His head was resting on top of hers. She laid against his chest finding comfort tin the simple embrace.

"I told you it was just a bad dream." she whispered, "it just spooked me."

He pulled away once more to look into her brown eyes, "You know you can talk to me right?"

She nodded in response not quite trusting her voice to stay strong enough to form a sentence. 

Lance didn't reply after that. And there they sat, Lance's arms wrapped tightly around her. Eventually they settled down underneath the covers. Nova was still pressed up against his chest her eyes wide open. 

The soft rise and fall of his chest did little to sooth the storm that was raging inside her. She wanted the dread to go away she wanted to tell them. She closed her eyes her hands gripping Lance's shirt, she knew that she couldn't. Things just wouldn't be the same.