Chapter 4

It's the end of the day and school is over. Ayoshi decided that he would join a club. Almost all the students in the school seem to be a part of a club. He wanted to appear more normal when he found his senpai, but he still wanted to join one that could be of benefit. So he decided to ask Info-kun.

[Ayoshi:
Are there any clubs in the school that specialize in combat?

Info-kun:
There's the Martial Arts Club. It's in the northern wing of the second floor.

Ayoshi:
Thank you.

Info-kun:
If I may ask, why do you want to know about a combat club?

Ayoshi:
In case I ever need to protect my senpai. And if I join a club, I will look more normal.

Info-kun:
Why would you want to look normal?

Ayoshi:
I have been told that people will not like the way I am.

Info-kun:
I like the way you are.

Ayoshi:
However, my senpai might not. So I must change for my senpai.]

After Ayoshi sent the last message, he walked to the club. As he got closer, he could hear the sparring of the club members. He stopped in front of the entrance. The door was open and he could see people sparring.

A boy with black hair and eyes was winning. He looked like the club leader. When the match finished, he won.

Seeing the chance to speak to him, Ayoshi said, "Excuse me?"

Budo turned his head in the direction of the voice. He noticed Ayoshi and walked over. "Hello! My name is Masuta Budo. I'm the club president of the Martial Arts Club. What can I do for you?"

"Hello, I'm Aishi Ayoshi. I was hoping that we could spar."

"Spar? Do you want to join my club?" Budo asked.

"I thought about it, but before I decide, I'm hoping to spar against the strongest in the club to see if they are up to my standards."

"And what are your standards?"

"If they can beat me, I'll join, but if they can not, I will not."

"Why won't you join if you win?"

"It means I have nothing to learn and I will only join if I can learn something."

Budo smiled at Ayoshi's answer. "I feel like you could always learn, even from people who are weaker than you, but if you wish to spar, then I'll give it to you. Besides, I like a challenge," he said the last part with playfulness.

"Good," Ayoshi said.

Ren Juku walked over with a club uniform and handed it to Ayoshi. Budo told Ayoshi where to change.

"I know you'll win, president," Rai Mina, a girl who had a crush on Budo, said full of confidence.

"Thank you, Rai-chan."

"President! I told you I want you to call me by my first name," Rai said with a pout.

"Sorry," Budo said sheepishly. As he apologized, Ayoshi walked out of the changing room. He noticed how muscular Ayoshi is under the uniform. His muscles aren't as defined as his, but they are still impressive. 'He looks really handsome in the uniform.' He stared at Ayoshi's body in the uniform and noticed how Ayoshi's chest is slightly exposed. He turned slightly red and quickly looked away. "You... you look really handsome. I me-mean cool! You look cool... in our uniform," he stuttered.

"Thank you. Can we begin now?" Ayoshi asked coldly.

Ayoshi reminded Budo of what they were here for and he finally got serious. He doesn't want to underestimate Ayoshi. "Yes." He led Ayoshi to the middle of the room as the other club members surrounded them. He turned around, faced Ayoshi, and looked into Ayoshi's eyes, feeling a shiver go down his spine. He could feel that this... this is going to be different. "Let's begin," he said, voice filled with anticipation.

They bowed towards each other and began.

Ever since Budo defeated his mentor, he always had to hold back when he sparred. He felt so relentless when he couldn't go all out. He wanted to find someone who could give him an actual challenge and he found that person... 'Aishi Ayoshi.' Even though Ayoshi didn't have much technique, he had strength and fast reflexes. 'This is amazing! With Aishi-kun, everything is unknown! It's exhilarating.' He blocked one of Ayoshi's attacks and could feel his blood pumping from the adrenaline. After what felt like the most exciting few hours of his life, he finally managed to pin Ayoshi on the ground.

He could faintly hear the others cheering in the background for him, but he didn't focus on that. He focused on looking down at Ayoshi's face. Ayoshi looked right back up at him with his flushed face. They were so close that he could feel Ayoshi's hot panting breath on his face. He could not only smell the musk Ayoshi's sweat admitted, but saw it on his skin as it made Ayoshi's hair stick to his forehead. He looked into Ayoshi's eyes. Ayoshi had beautiful midnight-black eyes that sparkled with a fierce, cold light. He, so lost in Ayoshi's eyes, didn't notice the others staring at him strangely with an odd silence and Rai trying to get his attention.

"Will you please let go of me?" Ayoshi asked.

Budo finally noticed his staring. He rushed to let go of Ayoshi and get off him. When he finally stood up, he lent Ayoshi a hand to help him up. 'What is wrong with me?! That was so embarrassing. Aishi-kun probably thinks I'm some creep.'

'It is decided, I will join this club. The President is up to my standards,' Ayoshi thought.

Rai rushed towards Budo as he freaked out in his head. "President! You did great, I knew you would win," she said as she grabbed Budo's arm.

Budo finally noticed Rai when she touched him and said, "Oh, thank you, Rai-chan."

Rai lightly punched Budo and pouted up at him, "I told you to call me Mina!"

Before Budo could respond to her, Ayoshi said something. "I have made my decision."

Budo shrugged off Rai's hands and walked over to Ayoshi. He stopped in front of him and smiled brightly down at him. "Aishi-kun, please join my club," he said as he grabbed Ayoshi's hand.

"You have proven that you can teach me, so I will join."

Budo's smile grew larger and happily said, "Great! Will you be my partner?"

"Partner?"

"Everyone in the club has a sparring partner who helps them improve their martial arts. I'm the only one who doesn't have one because I couldn't find anyone who could keep up with me... until you. Aishi-kun, you motivate me to improve my skills. When we were sparring, I felt a thrill I'd never felt before. I want to feel that again, so become my partner?"

Before Ayoshi could answer, Rai interrupted him. "President, don't be hasty! There could be someone already in the club who could be your partner!"

'Like me!'

"Rai-chan, I could hurt them if I become their partner. So what do you say, Aishi-kun?"

"Ok."

"Thanks!"

The other club members surrounded the two and cheered for having a new member. Except for one...

She stood away from the group and gave Ayoshi a hateful glare.