~ First Night Out ~

~months prior, on Onderon~

Jaryn's visit was the only notable event for the first week and a half of Ahsoka's visit. Over the past few days, Lux compiled a list of things to do to pass the time each evening. It was mostly things Ahsoka hadn't done before, and she was cautiously excited to get started.

Tonight, Lux was very adamant about taking her ice skating.

"Come on, Ahsoka, it'll be fun," he said, stuffing light jackets into a bag for the two of them.

"Are you sure? I don't want to get hurt." An injury would really complicate things if there was an attack while she was on call.

"If anyone gets hurt, it'll be me for sure." He threw some water bottles in the bag and zipped it up. He paused a second before opening it back up. "Do you want to put your lightsabers in so you don't have to carry them?"

She crossed her arms. "No, I was going to wear them on my belt like I usually do."

"Ah," Lux said, giving her a once-over. "Are you going to change?"

"Wasn't planning on it." She was suddenly self-conscious. "Why? What's wrong with my uniform?"

"Nothing. You're just going to draw a lot of attention, that's all."

That was a fair point. Drawing attention to Lux was the last thing she wanted. The goal was to keep him out of the public eye and safe from the Separatists, and how was she supposed to do that if he walked in with what was clearly a Jedi escort?

"Give me five minutes."

She jogged upstairs to her room and rifled through her closet. She found a pair of gray leggings that didn't have holes on the sides and slid them on. She settled on a baby blue sweater that Senator Amidala had brought back for her from Alderaan a few months ago. It was a little big on her, but she didn't mind. She could leave her utility belt on underneath without it being seen.

She went to leave the room but stopped by the door. Maybe a little makeup couldn't hurt, either. After applying some quick mascara and lip gloss, she turned off the lights and went back down stairs.

"How's this?" She asked Lux, who had migrated to the couch. She put her lightsabers in his bag while he stood up and judged her outfit.

"Much better." He lifted his elbow and allowed her to slip her arm under. "Ahsoka Tano, be prepared to have a great time."

As soon as Ahsoka put her skates on, she had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. "I dunno, Lux."

He sat down next to her and began to put his skates on. His arm brushed hers, and she felt her heart skip a beat. Okay, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Besides, if she weren't a Jedi, this is what she imagined a date would like.

He helped her up and over to the ice rink. The lights were turned down, and there was a DJ pumping music through a speaker system on the other side of the rink.

Lux stepped on to the ice, and after establishing his balance, he extended a hand to Ahsoka. "Hey, you'll be fine. You're a Jedi. I'm sure you're going to be way better than me."

She glanced skeptically back and forth from him to the ice. "That remains to be seen." Taking his hand, she placed her foot on the ice. As soon as she put weight on it, her foot slid forward, and she clutched Lux's hand so she wouldn't fall. "I can't even stand up without falling. Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"'Course," he said.

She took another step on to the ice, leaning on Lux. Once she found her balance, she relaxed her grip on his hand. "Okay, not too bad. I'm not actually going anywhere, though."