Prologue

"Wyatt, Willa, I made you something," 5-year-old Eve said as she ran towards them.

"What did you make us?" asked 7-year-old Wyatt. Willa is 8.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands," Eve told both of them, the young wolves sticking their hands out. Eve put a bracelet on each of their hands, the one she handed to Wyatt said "Big Brother" and the one that was meant for Willa said "Big Sister".

"This is so pretty. Thank you," Wyatt said when Eve told him to open his eyes

"Yes, thank you, Eve," said Willa, joining the hug. When we pull away Wyatt and Willa put their bracelets on.

"And Look I made one for myself too," Eve said, showing them her bracelet, which read "Little Sister".

"Now we match," Eve smiled.

Later that day...

"You can't catch me, Wyatt," Eve said laughing and running away from her older brother.

"Yes I will, Eve," said Wyatt running after her.

Eve ran out in front of the den but she was still within view of her mother, Wanda. The wind hitting her face made Eve feel calm, until she tripped and rolled down a hill. Wanda immediately yelled for Wyatt to check on his sister. The wind got knocked out of Eve when she landed at the bottom of the hill. Within seconds Wyatt was by her side.

"Come on Eve, you need to sit up," Wyatt said sitting up his little sister. Eve breathed in but couldn't breathe out, because of this tears formed in her eyes. Wyatt started to slap her back to help Eve breathe. With a big gasp, she began breathing normally again.

"Oh thank god," Wyatt said, pulling Eve into a hug. "Come on let's get back to the den,"

The two started the walk back to the den. Suddenly a strange purple light started to come from Eve's chest. "Um... Wyatt..." the little girl said, scared out of her mind.

"What?" He asked, turning around. When he looked at Eve and his eyes went wide and his mouth hung open. "Mom..."

Eve's vision started to get fuzzy then she fell to the ground. The last thing she heard was her brother calling her name.

~~~~~~~

"EVE," Wyatt yelled as he ran to his sister. He checked her pulse, and thank god it was still there. She wasn't dead. The weird purple light was still coming from Eve's chest but Wyatt couldn't focus on that now.

"Wyatt, Eve!" Willa yelled as she ran to sit on the side of Eve, she looked worried. Willa also had something in her hand, upon closer inspection Wyatt realized it was pieces of Eve's bracelet, it must have broken when she fell.

"What happened Wyatt?" Wanda asked as she bent down beside her youngest daughter.

"Well, when she stood back to the den her chest started to glow purple. Then she fell," Wyatt told his mother.

Wanda picked up Eve and took her back to her room in the den. Once Eve was placed safely in her bed Wanda left the room and said that she would be back. Willa sat at the desk in the room and started to work on fixing the bracelet. A few minutes later Wanda came back into the room with a little brown box.

"What is that?" Wyatt asked, the box didn't look like one used for a moonstone.

"It is something to help your sister," Wanda said, sitting at the edge of the bed, Eve's chest still glowing purple. Wanda opened the box and pulled out a necklace with a red heart-shaped gem on it.

~~~~~~~

Wanda hoped and wished that this day would never come, she was prepared to keep this a secret until the day she died. But fate had other plans.