Chapter 4

Eve

Addison woke Eve up banging on the door to her room. "Come on! You're gonna be late,"

Eve shot up in her bed and looked at the clock, it was just now seven. "I'm not going to be late," Eve hollered to her sister. "I have 30 minutes,"

"Well you were going to be late if you don't wake up," Addison hollered back.

Eve jumped out of bed and quickly went to get ready in her bathroom. She brushed her teeth then hair. Eve went to her closet to look for an outfit, and ended up choosing a pink shirt, jeans, and pink tennis shoes. Eve decided to keep her hair down today. She had always been made to feel ashamed of her hair by Seabrook society.

Unlike Addison, Eve never wore a wig. But unfortunately Missy and Dale had always tried to get her to wear one. Eve tried to wear one once -only to please her parents- but she found it itchy and uncomfortable, so she would always end up taking it off.

"You ready?" Addison asked as Eve left her room. Eve nodded, and the two left the house. When they got to school the pair meet up with the rest of their friends,

"Eve, I'm glad you're ok," Zed said, hugging Eve.

"Me too," Eliza said, patting Eve on the back. The rest of our friends looked confused.

"Long story," Eve quickly explained. The story wasn't really that long, but Eve didn't feel like diving into the story right now.

Eve, come find us

Eve looked around, and just like what happened yesterday in the den, no one heard the voice. The weird part is that this voice belonged to a female, yesterday's voice was definitely a male. Eve rubbed her temples, she had to be going crazy. There is no way she could actually be hearing voices.

Eve walked to class and tried her best to ignore the voice, but unfortunately the voice only got louder. As the day drew on Eve found it harder and harder to ignore the voice, so during lunch she had to run to the bathroom to try and talk with the voices. Eve didn't know if it would work, but if she didn't try the voice would definitely drive her mad.

"Who are you?" Eve whisper-hissed locking her stall door. She sat on the stall floor, since she knew she would be here for a while. Eve knew she should have gone to the library, but the bathroom was closer.

"I'm Harry and this is my wife Chelsea." said the male voice which Eve now recognised as Harry's.

"Hi Eve," said the female voice which Eve now recognised as Chelsea's.

"Why I'm I the only one who hears you?" Eve asked, even though deep she knew that Harry and Chelsea had something to do with the moonstone.

"That's right, your connection with the moonstone means you have a connection to us," said Chelsea.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Eve asked curiously. "Are you somehow in the moonstone?"

"We are the people of the moonstone," Harry explained. "And moonstone magic works in mysterious ways, so when you died before you could be blessed by the moonstone...,"

"We had to give you a lot of energy," Chelsea finished after her husband's words drifted off.

Eve was about to ask more questions but then the bell rang. "We'll talk more later, I have to get to class," Eve sighed as she stood up and walked to class.

Later that day, Eve and the wolves were sitting in the bleachers waiting for cheer practice to start. Eve noticed that all the cheerleaders looked scared. Then Addison came in blowing her whistle.