I Can Wait for You

It has been a week since Ash's victory at the Indigo Plateau and Misty was lying in bed bored out of her mind. Ash was currently distracted in the kitchen, most likely by food, and Pikachu was curled up in his makeshift bed next to door asleep. Ash was supposed to back ages ago and she was tired of waiting, so Misty decided to turn on the tv. After she pressed the power button, the same woman that interviewed Ash after his victory popped up on the screen.

"Good Evening! My name is Britney White of Delphox News and I'm here to talk about the now Indigo Plateau Champion and aspiring Pokémon Master, Ash Ketchum." Suddenly, Misty could hear footsteps rapidly ascend the staircase, and eventually, Ash came crashing through the bedroom door.

"What do you think your..."

"SHUUUUSH! I'm trying to listen." Ash rudely interrupted Misty as he flopped down beside her on the bed. Misty rolled her eyes in response and curled up closer next to him.

"Ash has been wandering the Pokémon world since he was 10 and is closer to achieving his childhood dream then he has ever before. When I asked him if he would be competing for the title of Pokémon Master, this is what the young man had to say."

A video caught by the woman's cameraman showed up on the screen and began to replay the events from the previous day.

"I didn't come all this way and travel this long to end my journey here. I'm going all the way!" The Ash on-screen exclaimed as he brought his girlfriend into a kiss. The woman then returned to the screen after the video ended and continued on.

"Well, there you have it, folks. Ash Ketchum has been looking forward to this moment since he started his Pokémon journey and his fans couldn't be happier for him. In fact, he has such a massive following that they have dubbed him the People's Master and with Ash's first battle only a few weeks away, I know I'm looking forward to it." The woman then smiled directly into the camera.

"Ash, if you're listening, just know that we're rooting for you. This is Britney White signing off." The news channel then took a break for commercials.

Misty reached over and turned off the tv. After she laid the remote back down, she looked over to Ash who was now staring at her with the biggest grin on his face.

"Did you hear that? They call me the People's Master." Ash stated giddily.

"The People's Moron more like it." Misty smirked as a small giggle escaped her lips.

Ash wanted to laugh but instead pretended to be offended. "Woooooow! I didn't think Misty Waterflower had it in her to be jealous."

Ash loved to tease Misty this way and watch her become riled up. To him, it was worth it, despite the fact that he would have to do deal with the explosion that would soon follow.

"I'm not jealous!" Misty exclaimed. She knew what Ash was doing and she hated the fact that it worked every single time he did it.

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

"ARE..." Misty stopped herself, took a deep breath, and the pair began to laugh together.

"Can you believe we're both 25 years old and we still do this?"

"Honestly... no." Ash chuckled as he leaned in closer. "And I wouldn't have it any other way." The raven-haired man then slowly brought Misty into a quick kiss.