The Beginning of the End

This was it. The time has come. Ash was standing at the entrance to the battlefield where he would be facing the first of the Elite 4 members, Lorelai. He could hear the cries and cheers from the fans and it only made him feel even more nervous than he already was. All of these people came to see him win and he didn't want to let them down.

Ash was about to enter the area when someone came up and grabbed him from behind. Ash turned around and notice that it was Professor Sycamore. "Professor, what are you doing here? I don't have time for this! I need to get out there and..."

"I know, I know. I only need a short amount of time." The professor assured him. "Bring out Charizard real quick."

"But why?"

"Just do it and you shall see."

Ash obeyed and retrieved Charizard's ball from his belt. After calling him out, the professor got to work attaching a band to Charizard's wrist. Ash noticed what it was and gasped at the sight.

"Where in the hell did you get a mega stone!"

"I had a spare one laying around and it just so happened to be a Mega Charizardite Y. It should help you against Bruno's Mega Lucario." This confused Ash.

"First of all, when did Bruno get a Lucario and, second of all, I'm going against Lorelai first." The professor facepalmed and sighed.

"Ash do you not keep up with the news?" The professor questioned.

"Uhhhhhh."

"I didn't think so." Professor Sycamore chuckled.

"Lorelai retired last year and a new trainer took her place. When this newcomer came into the fray, she turned out to be better than all of the other Elite 4 members and they listed her as the last member that the trainers have to face before taking on the Pokémon Master. Hell, I heard that she almost took out the Pokémon Master himself! And to answer your other question, the newcomer helped make changes to the other Elite 4 member's strategies and fighting styles to help them improve. She had a lot of experience with Pokémon from other regions, so she helped them improve their Pokémon lineups as well, hence the Lucario." Ash was speechless. He was supposed to be best of the best and he couldn't even keep up with who he would be facing.

"Do you know who this new member is?" Ash asked as he rubbed the back of his head. Ash was scared of this newcomer to the Elite 4. If he didn't figure out about her soon then he could be in a world of trouble later on. To his luck, Professor Sycamore did now a little bit about her.

"They never gave her name to the public. They wanted to make it a surprise for everyone that follows the League. I do know that she's a water type trainer, so be wary of that, but that's all I know."  The professor then handed Ash his bracelet to mega evolve Charizard.

Ash put it on and smiled. "Thanks for everything professor."

"No problem Ash. Just do something for me."

"And what's that?"

"Get out there and kick some ass!" The two laughed for a second before hearing the referee call for Ash.

"Well I better get going. Wish me luck!" Ash called to Professor Sycamore as he made his way into the arena.

"You don't need it!" The professor called back. This made Ash smile and, soon enough, he found himself getting applause from the thousands of screaming fans awaiting his, sure to be ferocious, battle with Bruno.

Ash looked to the other side of the battlefield and saw his competition. As a child, he always dreamed of having the chance to face an Elite 4 member, and the fact that he was about to battle one and have the chance to prove himself felt amazing. Ash noticed the Bruno had a headband on that held a mega stone in the center.