9: Worlds Shattered

Amina's POV

"Congrats, you guys

"Congrats, you guys. This is awesome. To the future Mr. and Mr. Young," Nikki's husband Justin said as the four of us brought our champagne flutes together over the table.

"To happily ever after," Nikki added, dreamily, smiling over at Colson and me as he leaned in and kissed my bare shoulder.

"To my fiancé," Colson said looking at me, his green eyes bright and full of love.

"And to mine," I responded softly, leaning in to kiss him.

"Alright, enough being all cute and shit, let me see that rock again!" Nikki said grabbing my hand, pulling it closer to examine my engagement ring.

I still couldn't believe Colson went all out like he did, apparently, he'd been talking to a few jewelers in Hawaii and took Cayden with him that day on the island for a final pick.

"You did good, Colson," Nikki commented.

"Yeah, way to go, Young...makin' us all look bad," Justin noted after taking a sip of his water, and Nikki and I chuckled and Colson shrugged with a smile on his face.

"She's worth it," he said, and I suddenly felt shy under his gaze as he continued staring at my profile.

"So do you guys wanna have something big or a more intimate ceremony?" she asked and I looked over at Colson before we both shrugged with smiles on our faces.

"Yeah, we really haven't started planning anything yet..." I said to her as Colson and Justin began having their own conversation.

"Yeah, plus with practice and the season starting soon, he's gonna be really busy," she said and that's when it hit me.

Cols and I never really talked about what would happen once the season started and I was realizing that our everyday life was going to be changing.

❤️

"So you're probably gonna have practice starting soon, huh?" I asked later that night as we watched a movie on Netflix, laying in bed

"Yeah. I mean, I still work out every day but getting together with the guys as well as the rookies should be fun. Can't wait for the season to start," he said excitedly.