𝟗|it doesn't hurt

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"So, what was that about?" a voice said from her room.

"I thought you weren't going to be here for at least another half an hour," Luce stated as she shut her window. Turning and walking over to her bed, she took a seat to face Foster who was sitting at her desk. Just before sitting down, she quickly folded the little drawing from Peter and put it in her pocket.

Foster smiled, "After what happened at school today, I thought you could use some company."

Her friend knew her well. She stood back up and grabbed her laptop off of her desk, turning it on. "I hope you chose a good movie then."

❋❊❋

Last night, Luce and Foster had ended up watching 'A Nightmare on Elm Street', followed by a couple of episodes of 'Friends' before he had to go home. He didn't make her talk about losing out on the internship, and she didn't make him talk about Aria; it was a win-win.

Although the next morning, she had to talk about something just as uncomfortable.

"So, did you figure Peter out yet?" Evangeline giggled. Evangeline and Luce were the only ones who knew what she was actually talking about, which left Aria pondering.

Aria looked between them with a smirk, "What's there to figure out?"

Evangeline took a moment to think, and Luce grabbed that opportunity, wanting nothing more than to stop the girl from saying anything. "Nothing. Just something to do with him and Foster working together."
It was a weak excuse and didn't make much sense, but it would have to do.

The girl with the blonde and pink hair scoffed as she picked up a handful of chips. "I'm surprised they've made it this long working together."

"Yeah," Luce laughed weakly, glaring at Evangeline before opening a can of lemonade. "Stranger things have happened."

"You're not wrong. But in this case, you're wrong," Evangeline grinned, most definitely not talking about Peter and Foster.

A thought occurred to her when thinking about strange happenings. "Have you guys noticed that recently he's been acting a bit differently?"
Besides the hallway and on the fire escape, she hadn't really seen him. But lately, he always seemed either sickly or hyper-alert.

Evangeline thought for a moment, "I'm not sure. Harry did say that he was really short with him the other day, and I think I heard him arguing with his uncle last night. Plus, Luce and I saw him nearly punch Flash."

"Yeah. Flash was not impressed," Luce laughed. But Evangeline had a point; none of that seemed like Peter.

"He's a guy," Aria stated the obvious. "They're moodier than us half the time. Maybe he's just having a bad week."