𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 (𝟯)

Nini's Pov
It's been 7 months since Ricky and Lindsay have started dating. I know now exactly how he felt throughout high school. And let me tell you, it's the worst feeling. Ricky and I still talk all the time, but our conversations usually end short because Lindsay wants to talk to him or do something with him.

I still love him. Like a lot, but it wouldn't be fair to tell him that. He didn't tell me he was in love with me because he wanted to be happy in my relationship, and I'm going to do the same for him.

Ricky's Pov
I've spent a great 7 months with Lindsay. I like her a lot, but I can't help but wonder what these 7 months would've been like if I were with Nini. Am I in love with Lindsay? Not yet. Am I still in love with Nini? ...Yes.

Oh shit.

I'm still in love with Nini.

What do I do now? I've got to break up with Lindsay right? It's not fair if I stay in a relationship with her. Yeah. Okay so it's settled. I'm going to break up with Lindsay. And I need to do it now.

***

I texted Lindsay and told her that we needed to talk. When she got to my place I led her to sit on the couch. I tried to avoid eye contact as I began to speak. "Look Linds I don't really know how to say this but-" "But we need to break up." she said cutting me off. "What how did you know?" I ask very confused. "You're still in love with Nini. It's okay Ricky. I know. I see the way your eyes light up at the mention of her. So if we're going to break up, then you need to go over there today and tell her how you feel." "Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry it had to end this way. Friends?" "Friends." She replied and I gave her a hug before she left.

That went well. Wait. I'm single. So is Nini. I wait for Lindsay to turn off or my street and race to my car. I speed off to Nini's apartment and knock on her door. When she answers the door she's shocked to see me. "Ricky what are you-" she tries to say but before she can finish I cut her off with a kiss. We melt to each other's embrace as she leads us inside not breaking the kiss. As we pull away I lean my forehead on hers. Before she can say anything I start to speak.

"I love you Nini. These past 7 months I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if I was with you. My entire life I've wanted to be with you, and I intend on making that happen. I broke up with Lindsay. I realized that the entire time I was with her, I was always thinking about you. Nini, you're the girl I sit up at night thinking about. You're the girl that's always been there for me. You're the girl that I want to be the mother of my children. You're the girl I want to call mine. You've always been that girl. I love you, more than you know. Look-"

"Ricky, you know how in musicals when people burst into song when they run out of things to say?"

"Yeah."

"Sometimes it's easier to just kiss."

"Yeah?"

"Mmhmm"

She grabs me by the face and our lips collide once more. It's deep and passionate kiss and just as she's about to pull away, I place a hand under her chin to continue the kiss. We pull away briefly, and I look into her eyes before leaning in to kiss her again.

When we pull away she rests her forehead against mine. "I love you too Ricky."  "Good."

***
2 years later
"Hey babe! I'm home!" I called out to Nini. She entered the room with a messy bun and her comfortable clothes on. She smiles as she sees me and walks over, embracing me in a hug. My face is buried into her neck as I pick her up by the waist leading her to the living room. I sit her on my lap and hold onto her tightly.

"How was your day?" I ask her. "It was so so. None of the kids really had any motivation to work, and neither did I."  Over the last two years, Nini has gotten a job at an acting school teaching kids about singing and playing more classical instruments. I worked for a small record label helping produce music. "What about you? How was your day?" she asks. "It was a slow day, but it just got better." I say placing a soft kiss on her forehead.
***
6 years later...

I wake up in the morning and see a sleepy Nini next to me. She starts to shift around and smiles at me when she fully wakes up. I pull her into my arms, holding her tight. "Good morning sleepy head." I say in a sing song voice. She pulls back a little and smiles at me. I then lean in to kiss her gently. As I'm about to pull away she grabs my face, and I make my way on top of her. I smile at her in between kisses. I feel her grin into the kiss, but before it can get any further we hear little foot steps run into our room. We pull away and see our pride and joy standing by our bed.

"Hi Bubba!" Nini says as she lifts him up to get on the bed with us. "Hi mommy! Hi daddy!" he says excitedly as he snuggles into Nini. His name is Joshua Oliver Bowen, and he came into my wife and I'd life three and a half years ago. That's right, my wife.

I pull Nini and Josh closer to me as we all sit snuggled up in the bed. I loved mornings like these. I loved getting to just bask in the joy of having a family. I loved watching Nini be a mother. She was so good at it. Watching her and Joshua be goofy and fun together was one of my favorite things.

"Daddy, can we play today?" he asks moving from Nini to climb into my lap. "Of course Bubba."  "All day?" he asks. "All day." I reassure him. After sitting in Nini and I's room, I get up and head downstairs to make breakfast. Nini comes down moments later with Josh in her arms. They're laughing and giggling, and I can't help but watch in awe. That's my whole life right there. That's all I've ever wanted.