✧ Prologue ✧ Zora ✧

✧ Zora's POV ✧

12 years old.

The beginning. Plucked from my flower garden and placed in a shell. But before that...

I was in a snow globe world, stuck on a hill in a music box palace, looking outward at the space beyond.

From my pastel balcony is a view of the pastel sky, and the stars are all eyes.

I try to see the looker-on tonight, but I can't make out their face, even as the stars twinkle.

"Soulstess."

The first budding voice I here.

I had never heard a voice, but I understand it.

I listen closely. As I am indeed a Soulstess.

"What am I?" I speak, for the first time, to the sky.

I wait for my answer.

"You're a fairy."

What was that?

"And what are you?" I know my voice is so minimal, so meek and mildly quiet – yet somehow, he hears me well enough, "Where am I, would you think?"

"Home."

Mmm, that seemed correct.

"Will you ever visit me?" I ask, innocently.

I've not met another soul.

"No, I cannot, but you can visit me."

"Why would I leave my home?" I ask, sad at the thought of leaving the warmth behind.

"Would you like to meet me, Soulstess?"

"It doesn't feel right when you ask me that."

"You're stuck in an exhibit – your world is not within mine. I can see you. You can't see me."

"I would like to see you?"

"Good girl. That's what I was hoping to hear. Close your eyes and count to ten. I'm about to unleash you."