Chapter 1

Thomas POV: 

I was being held in my mom's arms. She was carrying me somewhere. She never told me where. It was snowing as we walked past people. Some of them were wearing mask. There was also dogs barking. My mom put me on my feet. 

"Remember, I love you Thomas" said my mom. 

A guy picked me up and started to carry me away. 

"MOM" I yelled as I reached out to her. 

I was on a train with other kids, people with guns, and Ava Paige. 

"Thomas, it's okay" said Ava with her hand on my shoulder. 

I said nothing and she sat back down. I was in the box again. I looked around scared as it moved up. I started to bang on the walls trying to get out. 

"THOMAS" Minho yelled. 

He kept yelling my name. 

"NO" I yelled as the top open. 

I bolted up with Minho on top of me. It was just a dream. 

"WAKE UP WE GOTTA GO. COME ON" Minho yelled. 

I got up fast and we got out of the helicopter. I was grabbed by a few people. It was hard to hear them threw the mask. I started running. 

"WAIT, IS EVERYONE OFF" I yelled. 

"ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE OVER THERE" a man yelled pointing. 

I ran to join them. I saw everyone. Even Chuck. Who still looks in pain from the bullet wound. I stop when I heard screams from behind. I turned around and the people started shooting what they called cranks. 

"GO, UNLESS YOU WANT TO BECOME A CRANK" a man yelled. 

Another came and grabbed me. We started running. Is it just me or are they all men? We ran and the man let go of me. I entered the building with the gladers and the doors closed behind me. We looked around. It seemed to be a factory of some kind. Where the shuck are we? Daron checked his pocket watch. He closed it and put it away. Some men led us to a room. They told us to hurry so we all ran. They opened the door and we ran inside. 

"What's going on out there" asked Newt. 

"Nothing we can't handle" said the guy. 

He closed the door. I started to bang on the door. 

"HEY, HEY LET US OUT" I yelled. A light turned on behind us. 

We turned around and saw a table filled with food. I walked a little closer. 

"Is that suppose to be for us" asked Chuck. 

Someone had their stomach growl. I don't know who though. 

"Dibs on the rice" said Frypan. 

We all ran over and started eating. I grabbed a plate as I ate some stuff. 

"This is way better then Frypan's slop" said Winston. 

"My slop kept you from starving" said Frypan. 

We sat down and kept eating. 

"I know, but it wasn't tasty" said Winston. 

Daron took a bite of mac and cheese. He spit it into a napkin. 

"Ugh, there's dairy in that" said Daron. 

"Can I have some of that then" asked Minho. 

"Sure" said Daron. We took Daron's mac and cheese. 

"Wait, why does it taste different" asked Zart. 

I then noticed there is two pots of mac and cheese. One was labeled dairy and the other dairy free. 

"Okay dairy free is mine unless anyone else can't have dairy" said Daron. 

"All yours" said Newt. 

This food was amazing. Some of the gladers started a food fight. We joined in and tossed food at each other. We then went back to eating. I never thought food could taste this good.