Chapter 13

THOMAS POV: 

We found the power source. Minho and a couple others turned the power on. 

"YA" a girl yelled. 

I guess it worked. 

"GUYS LOOK OUT" Minho yelled. 

We turned and a crank ran up to the fence. I jumped back scared. 

"Eew look at the eyes" said boy. 

"RUN" a boy yelled. 

Another crank came. Minho grabbed a weapon and smack the crank onto the ground. 

"Come on" I said. 

We started running as more cranks came. Everyone made it out of the doors and I held them close. A girl started to push a large self. 

"GUYS COME HELP" the girl yelled. 

I ran over with a few others and we pushed the shelf. 

"LOOK OUT" I yelled. 

Minho and the others ran out of the way and the shelf fell in front of the doors. 

"LET'S GO. WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THAT WILL HOLD" Daron yelled. 

We ran to find the others. I made sure everyone was in front of me. We ran up some stairs with the cranks chasing us. I think I might prefer the grievers. 

"HEY" I yelled. 

We saw the other group. 

"RUN" Chuck yelled. 

They didn't run. 

"RUN YOU IDIOTS" a girl yelled. 

The cranks came into view behind us. The other group started running. 

"WAY TO SHUCK UP" a boy yelled. 

We kept running and fighting cranks. A crank came and tackled Newt. 

"GUYS HELP" Newt yelled. 

I started running over to him. 

"Oh you sure are bloody ugly" said Newt. 

I kicked the crank off Newt. I helped Newt up. 

"THANKS TOMMY" Newt yelled. 

"KEEP RUNNING" a boy yelled. 

We kept running threw the mall. We ran and found a exit. 

"THIS WAY" I yelled. 

I kicked the door with the others. I have to break the lock. 

"I'LL HOLD THEM OFF" Winston yelled. 

"NO WAY. I WILL. YOU HELP THE OTHERS. I'M NOT LOSING A FRIEND" Daron yelled. 

He snatched the gun from Winston and started shooting the cranks. 

"GET THAT DOOR OPEN" Winston yelled. 

We broke he lock and lead everyone out. 

"DARON COME ON" I yelled. 

We ran out the door and a crank grabbed Daron. The other cranks pulled him back. Alby and a couple others grabbed Daron. I held the door to make sure no cranks get threw. The cranks started to bite Daron and dig into his stomach. He screamed and turned the cranks to ice. Alby and the others pulled Daron threw and we ran. Daron had a orange glow go threw his body. We left and kept running. Alby and Lewis helped Daron run. We made it to a hiding place and hid there. We were lucky the cranks didn't find us. Daron fainted and changed to look like a boy. It must be his power. We fell asleep there till morning. I heard rustling. I looked and saw a crow going threw our stuff. 

"Hey, Hey get out of here" I said scaring it away. 

Everyone started waking up. 

"Are you okay" a girl asked Daron. 

"Ya, I'm fine. I'll take a day or two to heal" said Daron. 

His voice was deeper. 

"Did you know that I would be injured if I held the cranks off" asked Winston. 

"Ya, I knew that if I saved you then not only would my genes change me into a male but I would be injured instead of you. I couldn't watch you die in this dimension" said Daron. 

"What exactly are you" asked Abigail. 

"I don't know. I know I'm a crossbreed alien. Lets go find the right arm" said Daron. 

We got up and started leaving the mall. Daron groaned when he tried to get up. 

"Here, let me help you" said Zart holding out his hand.