XIII.

The Pevensies, Grace, and Caspian spent the next week advising the merge of the worlds. Houses were built for the incoming Narnians, jobs were offered to them, and the city seemed to welcome them with open arms. There were very few complaints, and when they arose, Aslan assured the royal group that it would be taken care of soon. The group grew closer to each other every day, if possible. The girls went on horseback rides with each other at least once a day, being careful not to inspect any mysterious trees or lamp posts along the way. Peter and Edmund taught Caspian how to play chess, and Caspian even gifted the younger Pevensie with a golden set, to replace the one lost in Cair Paravel. Edmund and Grace often found themselves in Caspian's small courtyard. It was here that they would have their longest chats, about anything and everything. Their love grew strongly and quickly, and both were as happy as a bee in spring.

"Lu! Do stop it!" Grace was hunched over in laughter, clutching her stomach. The three girls were together in the ballroom, and Lucy had made some absurd dance. She was performing it with a faun, who looked rather frightened by her movements. Susan cackled along with Grace and the two started to copy the girl's movements together. The grand doors opened, but the girls didn't stop their prancing.

"What are you lunatics doing?" Peter looked at the scene with a chuckle as Edmund and Caspian stood next to him, their swords in their hands. They had just come from duelling out in the fields. The girls noticed the boys' presence and, laughing even harder, dragged them into the dance. Swords were dropped, and forgotten about. Grace grabbed Ed, Susan grabbed Caspian, and Lucy grabbed Peter's arms as they flung themselves around the room. Soon enough, everyone was laughing. There was no music, and the royals were not wearing the proper attire for a ball, but in their hearts it felt as if they were at the most grand dance they had ever attended, and nothing mattered. After a while of springing about and laughing, the teenagers were quite breathless. Lucy plopped on the floor, closely followed by Grace. Edmund chuckled and placed himself next to the girl as the others slowly lowered themselves to the ground as well.

"What in Aslan's name were those.. interesting moves?" Caspian asked the girls, sending them into another fit of laughter. Lucy laid down on the cool floor, Susan threw back her head, and Grace leaned onto Edmund's shoulder. It took a moment for the laughing to cease and Grace finally choked out an answer.

"It was Lucy's interpretive dancing! Jobias didn't seem to enjoy it as much as you gentlemen, though. He looked nearly petrified when Lucy started it!" Peter shook his head and turned to his sister.

"Are you ever going to let the poor fauns simply work here?" He shook his head with a smile.

'Why, that's no fun! Who would rather prepare a bath when they can dance! Or cook, when they can sing! I for one think I am giving them quite the experience." Lucy pushed her chin out and turned her head poshly, trying her hardest not to giggle. Caspian laughed and then stood.

"Well as amazing fun this has been, you'll have to excuse me. Aslan requests my presence in the courtyard." He smiled sweetly at Susan and made his way towards the door. "Au Revoir!" Grace waved to him as he closed the door behind him. Edmund stood as well.

"I've got to run along as well, love. I promised Caspian I would train a couple of his soldiers with their swordsmanship." Grace smiled and nodded gently. He kissed her cheek softly and made his leave. Lucy stood, dragging Peter up with her.

"Right then Susan, I'd say it's about time for our tea. Would you like to join us Peter?" Peter nodded with a smile. "Gracie?" She turned to the girl who was patting down her dress after standing. She looked up and shook her head politely.

"No thank you Lucy. I think I'll take advantage of the calm and take a walk. It is a lovely day." Lucy smiled and nodded, taking Peter's arm, as well as Susan's, and exiting the room. Grace took in a deep breath, and closed the grand doors as she too left the room. She made her way down winding stairs, corridors, and finally reached the open aired hallways she so dearly loved to stroll through. Before too long, she noticed Caspian and Aslan walking around a corner. Not wanting to invade their private conversation, she turned to leave.

"And they must go? They couldn't stay any longer?" Grace couldn't help but overhear Caspian's sad voice. They? Does he mean the Pevensies and myself? Do we have to leave so soon? The Pevensies said they stayed for fifteen years last time! Graced stopped her leave and peered around the corner. Aslan nodded.

"Their time has come. I want you to call a gathering, for all of Telmar. Tell them to meet in the town square, by the Twisted Tree. Everything will come to a close then." Caspian nodded solemnly and bowed to the lion before leaving in the other direction. Aslan turned, and looked right at the corner Grace was hiding behind. She gasped and pulled her head away, although it was no use. Aslan chuckled.

"Come forward, my Lady. I was well aware of your presence before you had stopped." Grace walked out from the corner, her head bowed slightly.

"My apologies Aslan, I had no intention to eavesdrop... at first." Aslan simply laughed again.

"It is quite fine, dear one. You looked troubled, whatever is the matter?" Grace walked towards the lion, gently running her fingers through his mane.

"It's just.. The Pevensies were able to stay for almost two decades last time! They ruled Narnia well, and then left on accident. Why can't we stay longer this time?" Tears pricked her eyes. She wanted nothing more than to stay here forever. Aslan looked at her deeply, her blue and green eyes getting lost in his golden ones.

"The Pevensies were able to stay for so long dear, because they were needed. Narnia needed them to rule, and bring them to peace. They made plenty of allies for Narnia during their reign, and once they were no longer needed, I sent them back. It was no accident that they found that lamp post and tumbled through the wardrobe that day. And now, you are no longer needed here. Narnia is at peace, with a strong leader as king. You and the Pevensies have taken what you needed from this land, and now it is time for you to return to your own." Grace nodded.

"Will I ever come back?" Her voice cracked as she looked to the lion, and he smiled.

"Narnia is not finished with you quite yet, Lady Grace. Now if you'll excuse me, I must prepare for the gathering that Caspian is calling." The lion started to exit the courtyard, but stopped to look back to Grace. "And, if you will, dearest one. Do not mention any information you have heard to the Pevensies. I have yet to speak to King Peter and Queen Susan." Grace nodded and wiped a stray tear as Aslan left her sight. Since it was her last few hours in Narnia, the girl made her way to her favorite place, the garden. She sat in deep thought as she remembered everything that has happened here. She's been here barely a month, but she has found so many treasures. A new family, dearest friends, new talents, even love. She sniffled as she wiped a tear. Her thoughts were gently interrupted by Caspian.

"Grace? They are ready for us."

A/N: smaller chapter! The goodbyes are next :'(