Star-crossed

Mallory laid down the bed, waiting for hours and hours. He couldn't sleep. The sounds of his stomach rumbling won't let him. His attention to his starvation was averted to the sound of the cell door. He just sat and turned his head weakly. "Who's there?" 

A man in a lab coat came in with a medical tray table with wheels. "I'm just here to get your blood sample." The unknown man said. 

"But I'm starving." 

"We will give you food right after." A hint of fear radiated from the unknown man as he picked up the syringe. Mallory observed the sweat which was produced from the man holding the syringe.

Mallory sighed and informed. "I'm not anything extraordinary. Believe me."

"..." The man held his patient's arms and inserted the syringe to his veins. Mallory winced as the needles pierced his skin. 

After just a few seconds, his blood was collected. The unknown man wiped the cold sweat from his forehead and nodded his head. "Thank you for your cooperation."

The man with Mallory's blood sample finally left. 

------§-----At Don's Cell ------§----- 

Archangel Ariel hurriedly opened the door. She saw Don laying on his back on the cold floor.

"Don? Are you fine?" She asked.

Don just turned his head, enough to see his tired eyes glare piercingly at her. He then stared back at the wall again.

A moment of silence filled the room.

Archangel Ariel rubbed her hands worriedly, "Don?"

"They... Cut off my left hand," He muttered.

She took a deep breath then responded, "I... I didn't want that to happen. But Gabriel wanted to remove your sigil tattoo, the demons will find us here."

"I know," he grunted. "I thought you will not let him do that."

She paused. "My hands are tied, Don."

Don fully turned around and stood up. He shown her his bandaged arm and angrily spoke, "Zeradkiel would never let them cut my hand!"

"Zeradkiel? Zeradkiel left after you descended!" Ariel defended, clinching her fist as her wings rose defensively. "He would do what I would!"

"No! He would stand up like he always do! He left because you turned your back on him when he needed you!"

Archangel Ariel gasped loudly in shock. Her wings fell down quickly as she covered her mouth. She stares at Don with aghast.

She shook her head and shut the door. She locked it and rubbed her face in shame.

"Zeradkiel was a fool. I didn't turn my back on him, he was being unreasonable. I can't pick my friends over my duties," She told to herself, leaning her head on the wall.

Loud steps came from the end of the hall. She stood up straight and face the direction of the foot steps. An impatient voice boomed the halls.

"Ariel! Have you done gathering enemy Intel?" Gabriel asked, holding a bunch of files on his hands.

She firmly nodded and gave the notepad to the  other Archangel. He scanned the pages quickly and nodded back to her. 

"That's all we can do with this traitor, Ariel. It's time to execute him." 

Archangel Ariel panicked as soon as she heard the word "Execute."

"Execute? But Gabriel, aren't we being a bit too hasty?" She excused.