The Ghost Of you (Part 2)

Don and his friends, Javan and Seraphina, sat beside the campfire. The sound of burnt branches crackling under the fire and crickets chirping made Don a bit more relaxed as he talked with his friends. 

"Don, Can I ask how you ended up with us and under Zeradkiel's wing? You're, like, the only nephilim I know of," Seraphina interviewed. 

"Well... How do I even begin?" Don audibly pondered, "Nobody was there to take care of me. My mother died when I was nine years old, and my father was nowhere to be found. Zeradkiel pulled me away from earth, and then yadda, yadda... I didn't even know I'm a Nephilim until Zeradkiel told me when I was thirteen."

"...I'm sorry about what happened," she whispered, "Don't mind those jerks. You're a cool guy, Don."

Don smiled solemnly, "Thanks. I appreciate that, Sera."

Archangel Ariel came over and smiled at the younger angels. She joined them and noticed how close Don and Javan were. 

Ariel turned to Javan and asked him casually, "How long have you and Don known each other? I've never seen you two separate ever since."

Javan grinned and replied in a proud tone, "Don and I have known each other since the first day of mentoring, Ma'am. We're like brothers!"

Ariel smiled and turned to Don, "What do you think of your brother?"

Don grinned back amicably and answered, "Javan is very stubborn and headstrong, but he's very loyal, trustworthy and honest."

Ariel then focused again on Javan, "How about you?"

Javan grinned widely. 

"He's the second coolest person I've ever known," He bragged, prompting Seraphina  to roll her eyes. 

Seraphina gazed and queried puzzlingly, "Why second?"

"Well, I'm the first in being the coolest," Javan answered. 

Don, Seraphina, and Ariel laughed in unison from Javan's statement. 

Don stopped and apologized to Ariel, "I'm sorry about the fight with the other angels."

Ariel smiled motherly and nodded, "It's fine. But be careful not to get into fights, Child. You are fortunate Gabriel didn't saw you."

Don frowned at the mention of Archangel Gabriel. He was one of the worst old angels to deal with.

The group diverted their attention to another Archangel who swooped in and waved at the young angels affably. 

"Hello Zack!" Seraphina happily said to the Archangel. 

Archangel Zeradkiel bowed his head and looked at them with smiling eyes. He was having difficulty speaking English since he came from the section of Heaven they called "The pearl of the orient" and was transferred into a different department as a promotion. Don sometimes has to teach him some rather much more complex  english words the adult Archangel doesn't know yet or can't pronounce properly.

Don liked making fun of his accent and very simple vocabulary, but he respected and looked up to Zeradkiel as well as a parent figure.

He ruffled Don's hair and greeted the rest, "Hello kids!"

"What is it that you want, Zera?" Ariel asked as she stood up formally, "Are they already calling me?" 

"Yes, we can't think of better strategies without our brain, you know!" Zeradkiel chirped with a smile, cheering her up.

Don pondered how Zeradkiel could still be so optimistic with the war going on all the time.

Seraphina sighed, "Aww! Zeradkiel just came here, Ariel!"