40-Closed doors

I hope you enjoy! Picture to the side is of Austin and Aspen ! <3  I want everyone to feel Included with these books, sexuality, race, disabilities all of that. I want to include everything! So I can't wait for the other books to come out.

------------------- Please vote and comment, I did my best to make this interesting.

     TAYLOR'S P.O.V (40 votes and 14 comments before next update)

    The day was going by pretty quickly, Dawson took me to get breakfast before dropping me off at school, then we went to the store after I got out to  cook dinner for my family tonight. It was now three in the afternoon and we were both working on class work. 

       "If I write another essay I'm my hand is gonna fall off". I said and Dawson chuckled. Awhile ago I made the big decision to retire from drumming. I just put my all into cooking now, Sadly I now only worked a few shifts at the cafe because Cherry just didn't want to over work me.

        "Let me finish this one and we can start cooking". He said and I set my pencil down with a sigh of relief. "What are you getting me for my birthday?". I asked bluntly. Obviously I didn't expect anything from him..well maybe I did. I didn't want to come off as entitled but even a straw from him would make me happy.

     "Nothing". He joked, taking a bite of his cheese stick. I pouted and leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms.  I gently pulled his laptop away and leaned over the table "Well, that's no fun". I say, giving him a sad look. He stared at me a smile trying not to break out.

   I easily responded when he grabbed my face and kissed me. My hands flew to his hair and he held my face in one place as he got rougher. How far down in hell would I go if we did it right here on my kitchen table. Not like we eat here, it's mainly the island..but dinner tonight.

   I was cut off as the front door opened, we both pulled away and went back to our work.  My dad walked into the kitchen and paused as he eyed us. "I hope it was just work, hello Dawson, Taylor". He said before setting his lunch bag on the island. I turned red and scoffed. "Of course dad, this is the kitchen. How was work?". I asked, letting Dawson speak to him first.

       They shook hands and I rolled my eyes.

Boys will be boys.

"It was alright, I leave in two weeks". He said and I frowned. 

"For how long?". I asked, taking out the dishes from his bag and bringing them from the sink. This was better than the essay I was working on. "Six months, then I'm done". He said. I groaned. He wouldn't be able to see me leave for school, graduation was soon and summer was only two and a half months.

       "I know, I thought about that too, I can try to put in a request, come down for a day then go right back but I don't know". He said , ruffling my hair.  We could always face time. He had a job, I was used to it, no time to be offended by it now.

           "What's on the menu?". He asked and I went to the fridge to get everything ready.

"Enchiladas, rice and beans , for dessert we're making home made churros". Dawson said, my dad howled and patted his stomach.

"You just want me fat before I go back to base, I really need to slow down". He said to himself, grabbing a juice box from the fridge before walking out.

     "You're such a minx". Dawson growled into my ear, reaching for the bowl of meat.  I watched him shred it then joined him, enjoying the sound of him humming.

            After an hour everything was ready, everybody was home by now. Dawson was upstairs talking to Bryan and I was dishing plates.

     "How was school? Excited for your birthday?". My mom asked, kissing me on the cheek. I smiled at Eric. "It was alright, I had to write two essays in one class period and another recipe to perfect. Yes I am, I can legally buy lung cancer in a stick soon". I joked and she playfully hit me.