04

ⓡⓔⓦⓡⓘⓣⓔ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓢ

ⓡⓔⓦⓡⓘⓣⓔ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓢ

"Let's go, princess. We gotta keep moving. We need to get you safe." Hye-In put a hand on the princess's shoulder and shook her body gently to wake her up after she had woken up in Hak's arms. That guy had torn her clothes and covered her wounds with her thin white clothes. And he was holding her for the entire time when she was out, making Hye-In felt irritated with him.

Hak was so complicated and they said women were complicated.

Actually, that thin piece she was wearing, was her scales. Everytime she changed back to her human form, her scales will cover her body as her clothes were torn in the transformation process. Not that it will cover everything but it worked. And Hak being the possessive he was, had put his big robe on her despite her telling him no. He certainly didn't want others to see her body and Hye-In just kept her mouth shut at his confusing behavior.

Yona took her hand and stood up wobbly, grateful to Hye-In who was fast to catch her. She was still trying to remember what exactly happened. She still couldn't believe Soo-Won had killed her father. "Where are we going, Hye-In? During the party, even though my father was crying tears of joy, I didn't utter a single word of thanks to him. I was such a bad daughter, Hye-In. Where am I supposed to go now, leaving my father behind?"

Hye-In quickly pulled the poor girl into her arms, holding and hugging her. "Princess, you didn't deserve this. I am so sorry." Her hand reached up to her red head and the older girl kissed her on the temple, stroking her red hair which slightly reminded her of Soo-Won who always adored Yona's red hair. The girl standing in the blush of the dawn, he said. Hye-In hid her scoff and told the princess to keep her chin up.

"Hye-In." Yona buried her face into her neck.

Hak looked at the girls and let out a sigh, ruffling his short black hair that Hye-In used to love to play with when they were together, before he left her. He cleared his throat and Hye-In rolled her eyes at him, craving nothing but the urge to tackle and choke him. Kinky she might add. "We'll go anywhere as long as it means you will live. That is how you can return the king's feelings."

Her sixteenth birthday, that night, Princess Yona lost everything, her family, her home and the people she loved. While Soo-Won, even though he won the war yet he felt nothing sitting on the throne without the silver haired girl holding his hand and his friends beside him. However, he needed to move on no matter what happened.

They kept walking in the forest till the noon and Hye-In could see Princess Yona's face was losing its color. She was pale and Hye-In knew it's because she was hungry and the pain she beared from last night just made it worse. "Hak, we need to stop for a while." Hye-In called her former lover and the bodyguard stopped his step, turning around to look at her who was helping the princess.