09

ⓟⓡⓘⓝⓒⓔⓢⓢ ⓗⓨⓔ-ⓘⓝ

ⓟⓡⓘⓝⓒⓔⓢⓢ ⓗⓨⓔ-ⓘⓝ

"Huh? The priest's house? This place?" Even with a mouth full of buns, Hak kept stuffing his mouth with more buns, angering Yoon for taking them without asking him and upon hearing that information from Yona, Hye-In accidentally choked on her water and her eyes met Hak who had the same reaction after he finally realized it. Both of them looked like children who just got their hands in a cookie jar.

Hye-In calmed herself down and closed her eyes to think it all over again. So, we are currently at the priest's house, what a coincidence, and last night we spent the night with each other- Her cheeks surprisingly reddened and Hak looked away with a cough when Yona asked them where were they last night. Apparently, the princess was aware of them disappearing yesterday.

Hak cleared his throat. "No worries, princess. I was out to accompany Hye-In for a bath at the lake." He then leaned close to the young girl, asking if she was worried about him. Yona narrowed her eyes and quickly smacked him on the head. There's no way she would worry about him. She was worried about Hye-In. God only knew what he was doing to her if he was given a chance to be alone with her.

The guy made an offended face. "You make me sound like I am a criminal."

"You're not but you could be one."

Hye-In decided to let them be and helped Yoon cooking, the young boy who had been a huge help to her for treating her wounds. "Thank you for everything, Yoon. You are very independent and responsible for such young age. I am impressed." She nodded her head and the boy shrugged his shoulders. "I owe you one and I'll pay you soon."

"Of course I should be independent since I am living with a grown-up man yet acts like a child who doesn't even know to manage himself. And, about the payment or anything, don't even bother. I am fine."

"Thank you." There was something about the way she smiled, the way butterflies seemed to escape from the pit of her stomach and the way the sun had somehow toppled down from the sky and made a home right there on her lips. She was beautiful. And that was the first time Yoon ever saw her smiled. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine about her only. It's warm.

"Ah-hmm." Yoon was left speechless as the girl reached her hand out to pat him on the head like a mother. And suddenly, his heart ached for a motherly touch and noticing the lost look on his face, Hye-In could not read his face however, a tint of pink color rose to his cheeks made her lips stretched even more softly. His blue eyes twinkled in silent joy as he looked up to her like a small kid.

Hye-In turned her head and saw no figure of Yona. "Hak, where is Her-she?" She quickly covered her mistake and Hak pointed at south with his mouth full of buns. The girl pressed her lips tighter to hold back a giggle when Yoon scolded the him for stealing his food. Hak did look like a squirrel at the moment and it's a cute sight. Hak glared playfully at her and stood up, his hand yanked her wrist to pull her closer.