Suck it Up

Falen's P.O.V

31 texts. 23 calls. You guessed it all from Roc. But do I give a shit? If you guessed no, you are correct. I was interrupted from checking my phone by a delivery guy?

"Are you Falen Vassilato?" he asked.

"Yes that's me."

"Well these are for you."

He handed me a beautiful arrangement of roses and carnations.

"Uhh thanks."

I read the card, it said:

I'm sorry for my reaction, I hope you can forgive me. I tried to find something as beautiful as you and these flowers were the closest I can get.

Love Roc.

I couldn't help but smile at this last part.

"Woah, who's the flowers from?" Damian asked.

I forgot I was at work.

"Uhh just a friend."

"Well that's a good friend," he smirked.

"I guess so," I said, admiring the white vase, trying to avoid this awkward conversation.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner sometime this week," he asked witha shy smile.

A date. I haven't been on one of those in years. It sounded cool but I have bigger issues. Roc.

Roc's P.O.V

Falen has been ignoring me these past few days and it killed me. I never blew up any girl's phone like I did Falen's. I think I love her and I don't even know her birthday. I decided to go to her apartment and beg for forgiveness.

I knocked on the door hoping she was there. Afterwhile i started walking away when someone opened the door. She looked like an older version of Falen. I guess it was her mother.

"Um, I'm sorry. I thought Falen was home," I said.

"Come in, she should be here soon. I'm Joanna Vassilato, her mother," she said inviting me in.

Ah, Vassilato. Last name? Check.

"Vassilato is that Spanish?" I asked curiously.

"No, it's Greek," she replied.

"Oh well I see where Falen gets her beauty from," I said sincerely.

"Such the charmer. I didn't catch your name son," she remarked.

"Oh, I'm Chresanto but you can call me Roc."

"So you're the one that got my daughter pregnant?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falen's P.O.V

I stood in the elevator waiting to get to the 19th floor where my apartment was, thinking about what just happened.

No matter how many problems I had, I agreed to go on the date with Damian.

"Yeah, I'll go."

Then he kissed me, and I let him. The kiss deepened and before it could get to far I pulled away.

He smirked " Cya later."

And he walked out leaving me confused.

As I approached my apartment I heard laughter and a male voice? I unlocked the door and saw my mother laughing with him.

I shot him an evil glare as I hugged my mother.

"Mana, what the fuck is he doing here?" I asked, anger in my voice.

"Falen Raquel Vassilato watch your mouth. He came for you and I was here. Now you two will make up. See you kids later. Oh and Fal? I invited him to Thanksgiving dinner," she said, walking out the door.

He walked up to me and I slapped him. His eyes filled with anger. Then they slowly calmed down and he smiled.

"I deserved that," his deep voice said.

"You're lucky I don't throw your ass out," I said bluntly.

"I'm sorry. I was just shocked when I found out. I've never got a girl pregnant and I was scared."

"YOU WERE SCARED? DAMMIT I'M SCARED! I'VE NEVER BEEN PREGNANT BEFORE AND I'M NOT PREGNANT BY JUST ANYONE, I'M PREGNANT BY ROC MOTHERFUCKING ROYAL FROM MINDLESS BEHAVIOR! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MY LIFE IS GOING TO CHANGE. THEN, ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, I WORK UP THE FUCKING COURAGE  TO TELL YOU AND YOU DENY IT!" I yelled, happy to get that off my chest.

"Falen, calm down you are going to upset the baby," he said calmly rubbing my tummy.

I calmed down, and the tears started to fall. 

"Baby, I'm sorry. I promise to be there for you AND the baby, I don't give a fuck about the media," he said holding me.

I wiped my tears, he seemed sincere.

"I forgive you," I said.

"Thank you. Now that all that is settled. Let's get to know each other. When's your birthday?" he asked.

"February 19, why?" I asked, chuckling.

"Because, all this stuff has happened and I didn't even know your last name- until your mother told me, or your birthday."

"Haha, my mana can be a trip."

"Mana?" he asked puzzled.

"It's a Greek term for mother."

"Oh. Your whole family is Greek?"

"Mom's side, my dad is black."

"Oh, who's the girl in these pictures? She looks like you."

"My little sister Celine, she used to love Mindless Behavior. I used to take her to concerts when I was 16 and she was 10."

"Oh really, I think I woulda recognnize someone as bad as you there."

We chatted and got to know one another, and I think I'm starting to like him...