7

{{unedited}}

Where the hell have you been!?" Louis' father's voice roared throughout the house right when the boy walked in. After the Niall demanded Louis to say no to his question, he requested to be taken home, so here he is now. Home. And Louis would honestly rather deal with Niall than his raging, idiot father. He was pretty sure he was slightly drunk.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I had to go over to a friend's house after school to work on a project.." Louis' hands trembled as his father walked over to him, an angered look on his face. Steve wasn't buying anything is son was saying. He started thinking of possible punishments.

[A/N: I'm upset with myself for writing these next few paragraphs.]

"God you really are stupid. You can't remember anything, can you?" He brought his hand to Louis' cheek, slapping it forcefully to the point where Louis fell back. He let out a loud whimper at the sudden sting on his cheek, causing Steve to chuckle.

"Pathetic aren't you? Too bad your mother is home. Need to show you who's boss." The evil man walked away as Louis' eyes widened at his fathers sick and twisted words because (even though he's not smart) he knew exactly what he meant.

He started to loudly sob as he rocked back and forth, his entire body shaking with so much fear. He didn't know his father was capable of so much more than just slapping and whipping and spanking and not only was physically hurt, but he was starting to emotionally hurt as well and everything just hurt at this point.

So he did a bold move by getting himself up and sprinting out the door with a word. He didn't know where he was going and he was crazy for leaving without a coat, since it was in the middle of November and he was so damn cold.

[A/N: Ready To Run starts randomly playing in the backround😂😂]

And the fact the he was running nowhere made it worse. He just wanted to get away from his family for awhile. They wouldn't miss him at all. Hell they probably don't even notice he's gone right now.

So here he was, running into the dark city of London in nothing but a sweater that wasn't enough to keep him warm, jeans, and toms, which weren't helping his feet at all. He was breathing through his nose and out through his mouth but the cold hair was making his nose run.

He found his legs starting to grow weak from the amount of running; he hasn't stopped and he knew he should but he didn't. He just wanted to get as far from his home as possible. And when he reached what seemed like a familiar street he slowed his pace and took deep breaths because jeez his chest felt so tight and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He looked up at his surroundings and realized that Harry's house just so happened to be down the street. His legs carried him to the person he could trust most right now.

So he jogged up to the house and rang the door bell, trying to catch his breath before someone could open the door. Unfortunately, someone who wasn't Mr. Styles answered, which made Louis furrow his eyebrows.

"Can I help you, young man?" The guy spoke, a small smile forming across his lips. Louis shook his head, still panting from the run earlier. His teeth began chattering and the man put a concerned look on his face before pulling the small boy inside.

"Haz get some water! And hurry!" The man called. "Are you okay? Can you breathe? Harry bring your inhaler!" So he was at the right house, thank god. He was about to turn and leave but the unknown man had said Harry's name so he stayed put knowing that that was his teacher he was yelling for.

All of a sudden, a big mop of curls dressed in only an oversized sweater and boxers rushed into view with a glass of water and his inhaler. His eyes widened when seeing it was Louis.