chapter 18 the new nickname

Ron had just gotten a nasty wound from Sirius Black in his Animagus form of course it was an accident but Ron now had a broken leg thanks to him.

When Harry went to go talk to Sirius he had told Hermione to stay with Ron which she did.

Hermione sat beside Ron and said "Does it hurt?".

Ron said as she glanced at his wound on his leg "A bit yeah".

Hermione said "Well that was incredibly brave of you to stand on a broken leg like that in defense of Harry".

Ron said "He's my best friend and I'd do anything for him, you're my best friend too and I hope you know that I do really care about you".

Hermione smiled and chuckled at Ron and said "That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me".

Ron said "Well you're very deserving of it".

Hermione blushed and she was glad that he couldn't see since it was night time she then said "Thanks Ron".

Ron said "No problem Mione".

Hermione said in confusion "Mione?".

Ron's ears turned red and he stammered and said "Oh uh if you don't like it we can think of a new one or uh um we could just use your real name".

Hermione kissed his cheek to shut him up which worked and then she said "No don't be silly Ron I love it, thanks".

Ron said "Well you're welcome".

Hermione smiled at him and then flung her arms around him and said crying "I'm sorry about Scabbers I feel so bad I mean he was your pet that turned out to be Peter Pettigrew".

Ron awkwardly patted Hermione on the head and said "Thanks Mione".

Hermione didn't say anything but she let go of him and leaned on his shoulder instead.

The two waited for Harry to come back so they could go back to school.

On their way back to school Hermione and Harry helped by each taking an arm and helping Ron back to school given that his leg was broken.

Hermione whispered to Ron "Are you doing okay?".

Ron said "Yeah I mean not my leg but I'm okay".

Hermione gave his hand a comforting squeeze causing Ron to turn pink.

They got back to the school and took Ron to the hospital wing and Harry and Hermione sat by Ron until Dumbledore came in and said he needed to see Harry.

Harry waved to Ron and Hermione and left the hospital wing with Dumbledore.

Hermione turned back to Ron who was being tended to by Madam Pomfrey and she said "I hope your leg gets better soon".

Ron said "Me too it hurts really bad".

Hermione took his hand and held it. Ron held on to her hand and said "You're brilliant you know that Mione?".

Hermione blushed and then smiled and said "I may have heard it once or twice".

Ron and Hermione both laughed until Dumbledore came back in the room with Harry and said that he needed to see her.

Hermione turned to Ron and gave him a hug and Ron hugged her back before she went off with Harry and Dumbledore.

Hermione turned back to Ron and said "I'll be back soon see ya then".

Ron said "Bye Mione".

Hermione smiled and went off with Dumbledore and Harry.

Dumbledore told them about how they could save Buckbeak and save Sirius, he also said that they had to use Hermione's timeturner.

Hermione and Harry went back in time and saved Buckbeak and Sirius.

As they were running back up in the castle Harry said to Hermione "What's that new nickname about?".

Hermione said "Oh it's just something Ron came up with".

Harry said in amusement "Oh".

Hermione slapped on the shoulder and said "Stop it Harry".

Harry said "What I didn't say anything".

Hermione said "But I saw your face".

Harry just shrugged and the two of them luckily made it back in time and they rushed in to see Ron confused.

Ron said "But you were just there I don't get it".

Harry said "Honestly Ron, how could someone be in two places at once?".

Hermione laughed at this and Ron said "What?".

Hermione said "Oh nothing Ronald nothing".