Chapter 1- Autumn

It's September, the leaves are starting to get orange and start to fall off the trees. This means that Camp-19 needs to prepare for the winter.

Last month a wounded man was found in the forest. His name is Ace and he is a big strong man in his early 20s. He was from Camp-8 but was banned because of stealing. Tobi who is one of the hunters, found Ace wounded in the forest and took him to Camp-19. It seems that he got attacked by wolves but got lucky that Myra agreed to let him into the camp. However, Myra was okay with treating his wounds but not accepting him as a member because he got banned for a reason. Of course, her trust in such a person wouldn't be strong but trust and loyalty are everything for Myra. So Ace told her why he was stealing. It seems that Camp-8 has a special rule '' No work, No food''. This rule affects everyone except children. That means even old people have to work. One day Ace's grandfather wasn't able to work because of a fever but this didn't concern the leader of Camp-8 who's name is Leon. So Ace stole some bread for his grandfather and got caught. Leon is known to have no mercy and banned Ace immediately. Myra wasn't shocked by Leon's behaviour because she and Leon are allies and she knows him very well. To not cause any trouble between the two camps she sent a letter to Leon to ask her if it was okay to let Ace join Camp-19. Ace hopes that he can stay here because he has nowhere to go.

It's morning, Ace and Tobi are eating until Myra interrupts and says: '' Everyone, listen up! As you know the winter will come and we have to prepare for it. We are 50 people in this camp, minus 10 children and 10 people who are too old or not able to work. That Makes 30 people who will have to work. I split these 30 people in 5 groups. Group 1 are the craftsman who are responsible for the weapons and other stuff like storage boxes for the food, the leader is Leila. Groups 2 are the gardeners who are taking care of the fruits, vegetables and water, the leader will be Bryan. Group 3 are the clothes maker and their important job is to make warm and good clothes out of the fell, the leader is Ray. Group 4 are the hunters who are hunting animals so that we have enough meat for the winter and the leader will be Tobi. And the last group is my group, Group 5. We are the guards group who will guard this camp and fight if we must. Every leader is choosing their members based on their abilities. Choose wise. So are there any questions?'' Ace is amazed that Myra is speaking to her people like a real leader. At first, he wasn't sure if she would be able to lead because she seems like a weak girl but her people have a reason to have her as the leader and now Ace kinda understands why. He raises his hand and says:'' I have a question. I am not sure what my position is. Am I allowed to help or do I have to wait until I am a real member of this camp?'' Myra laughs: '' Of course, you have to help, you idiot! We need everyone and everyone here has a purpose even an idiot like you. So why are you all still standing here? Go to work you pieces of sh*t!''

Tobi is picking up some wood for a fire and sees Ace staring into nowhere, so he goes to him and says:'' You know she seems like a childish person and someone with a big mouth who curses all the time but she is the best leader you can dream of, believe me. One day you will understand completely what I mean. By the way, I chose you as one of the members of the hunter group''. Ace was confused: '' Why me? I never hunted before''. Tobi smiled and said: '' No problem you will learn it and you are big and strong so you will be useful, at least by carrying the animals''. Ace is happy that he found a friend like Tobi.

Group 4 makes it way into the forest and seems to walk into some trouble...