chapter 10

Dear Bakageyama,

This is going to be the last message you get from me. I'm sorry. And I love you. You deserve better than me, i've been used, i'm dirty and my arms are covered in ugly scars. I don't want you to cry or lash out at anyone. You'll find someone taller and stronger than me to spike your crazy sets like BWAHHH and BOOOOM :) Don't miss me, don't blame yourself. Tell the team that it's not their fault, and that they are the best friends i've ever had. I'm going to die, but as I close my eyes for the last time, I'll be thinking of you all.

If only I could've stayed in your arms that night forever.

I love you Baka, more than volleyball, more than anything.

- your dumbass

Kageyama had to tear his eyes away from the screen as he finished reading the message for the 100th time that day.

The whole team stood around the grave. Frozen. The emptiness in his heart, the numbness pounding his brain, the salty tears that flowed unchecked from his eyes, the shear nothingness that now took hold of his soul threatened to engulf him entirely.

His legs buckled, knees crashing onto the sodden grass, watching as the coffin lowered to its final resting place. Whispering no, over and over again like a broken record. He bawled, making an animalistic yell as he cried out in pain.

Sugawara clung to a trembling Daichi while he wept. He's gone.

Asahi bawled his eyes out, as Nishinoya tried to comfort him despite his own tears.

Narita, Ennoshita and Kinoshita stood, a look of guilt and pain etched in their faces as they thought of the little ray of sunshine.

Saeko held her little brother, Tanaka, as he sobbed wildly.

Ukai, senior and junior stood with Takeda as they quietly shed tears for the boy. They tried to stay strong, for the team.

Kenma who had never been one for emotions, erupted in screaming sobs only interrupted by his need to draw a breath, as Kuroo comforted his best friend, whispering reassuring words, while his own eyes watered.

Yamaguchi, Tsukishima and Bokuto stood next to the pair. Yamaguchi struggled to control his wailing, while Bokuto didn't hold back.

Tsukishima felt a lone tear trace down his cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. I'll miss your annoying ass shrimpy.

Other members from teams whom Hinata had known paid their respects, like Ushijima and Tendou, Oikawa and Akaashi. Oikawa would miss his chibi-chan.

They all left the graveyard with damaged souls, and a Hinata shaped hole in their hearts. Except for Kageyama. He stayed, despite Daichi's efforts to convince him to go and eat with the rest of the team.

And he spoke alone, he spoke to Hinata.

"I could write a million letters, each one the same as the last in sentiment and cadence. But in none of them could I ever describe the pain of seeing you in a grave, or let go of the crippling guilt I feel. You should be here, I wish I was dead with you so I didn't have to be here alone. I don't know if people would think that is selfish or not and even if it is, to hell with the rest of the world and their opinions. You should be here. I miss you. Your pretty hazel eyes, beautiful smile, your gorgeous ginger locks, strong heart, torn mind, and kind, tortured soul. My heart is missing an integral piece, a part that keeps it from working correctly. Come back to me boke. Please come back to me baby."

Kageyama lay on the ground next to the grave. Placing a singular sunflower on the top of the dirt. He had no tears left. Only an empty feeling that wouldn't ever leave him. He stared up at stars, wondering if he was watching, if he was listening.

If only you could've stayed in my arms that might forever.

Hinata's death had tore Tobio's heart in two. Leaving a cut. A cut that would always bleed.

and rolllll credits

Anyone need some tissues? I sure do after writing that. Thank you so much for reading 'the cut that always bleeds' I hope you don't hate me to much for the ending. For the last time in this book,

Lots of love, Seraphina-Mae x