Coffee Dream

*•*•*•*•*•*
You're just having a bad day, not a bad life. Smile and breathe in and out. You will be fine :)
*•*•*•*•*•*

"Dad i'm going out!" I told my dad as i tied the shoelace of my beat upped converse and headed to walk past the living room where my dad is sitting on his usual chair while reading the newspaper.

"Yeah oka- wait what?" I heard my dad say making me took a few steps back to see him cocking one eyebrow at me.

He was sitting on his personal couch wearing no shirt but a boxer mom had bought for him for Christmas when i was maybe 10 or 11. It was a pretty funny and an awkward story by the way. I swear it was my first time seeing dad so red as a tomato aside from being drunk. His black with a little bit of white hair was messily hanging on his head and he was holding his newspaper. All in all, he looked like a mess which is his normal look in the morning when he has no work.

"I'm going out. I'm meeting up with someone." I informed him yet again.

"Wait, wait, wait, who said you can leave this house today? You are cleaning our rooms"

I groaned at my dad's response. He always doesn't like me leaving this house and spending some fun time on a rest day, saying that the world is dangerous and i'm still his little girl that needs to be taken care of. I guess dad just never realized or doesn't like to accept the fact that i'm a big girl now. And let's just say he doesn't want to give me any money yet because he probably thinks i'm going to waste it. Which is true. I'm going to spend all that money for food even though i'm not that hungry at times. Just bored. And lets also say he just wants me to do something productive with my life.

I walked towards my dad and sat on the leathered couch beside his own little comfy couch. No one has ever sat on that couch but him. And i envy him for it. I always wanted to have my own chair.

"Come on dad, i only asked to go out once every month, this is also the first time i ask to go out this month. And besides, i'm just going to do a research with a friend at the old Library." I said lying a little bit since dad would probably not let me go if it isn't something that involves school.

"And by friend do you mean a girl? Or a boy?"

"A girl." I lied because dad would never let me hang out with a boy unless there are other people with me, and by other people i mean girls. And lots of them.

He stayed silent for a minute making me have the time to look at my phone and check the time then send a quick message to James that i would be a little late. I got his number when we had that group activity last semester and i only got to send him a message when we needed to see each other at school to plan out our project and then after that i haven't actually sent anything to him until now. Before, this number on my phone had always been named "that cool other guy"

"Fine, but no allowance for next week." He said sternly but obviously he is joking. I know dad so well, he doesn't just tell me i won't be having a weekly allowance just because i got out one time.

"Whaaaaat? Daaaaad!" I whined just going on with the flow of my dad's joke.

Dad chuckled. "Be back before 6."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah." I said and walked away to get my shoulder bag that was laying on the hallway towards the front door.

I quickly fished my bag and looked inside. Then i realized, i need money. I mean i think James might treat me or something but we never know. Maybe he wont. So i quickly went back to the living room, shoulder bag in hand.

"Dad i need money."

My dad raised an eyebrow at me. "No?"

"Dad."