Chapter 16

*•*•*•*•*•*

I got a heart, and i got a soul,
Believe me i will use them both.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I sliced my pancake and jabbed my fork on it before shoving it inside my mouth. The pancake syrup dripped on the side of my lips and i licked it as i munch on my pancake.

Dad was sitting across me holding a newspaper while whistling as he shove a whole pancake inside his mouth without even having the effort to open his mouth wide enough. I swear dad literally has the biggest mouth in the world. He can shove anything inside without any effort given to it at all!

Shaking my head at the sight, i wrapped my hands on my mug and sipped on it, feeling the taste of hot coffee. The only drink that can make me feel alive when i'm more than tired and need sleep.

Last night was a sleepless one for me. James suddenly informed me that our flight was going to be moved a little early and by early he meant today, so i had to pack everything last night. Good thing i didn't need to pack a lot since i still have a lot of clothes back at Philippines so i only had an adventure bag with me and nothing else. But it still was a lot of effort for me to pack my things. And when i was done, i had nothing else to do but think about James and our cuddling.

So basically, i didn't sleep. I'll have plenty of that in the plane though so i'm not complaining.

"So you're going to leave today right?" My grandmother said, suddenly popping out from nowhere.

I glanced up at her as she went to the fridge and fished out her salad. I scrunch my nose in distaste at the sight. I had always hated the vegies and the fruits. How i still ended up a healthy person now, i have no idea..

"Uh yeah." I shortly replied and shove another slice of pancake inside my mouth.

"Remember to pack up all the important stuffs Aud, like your comb, toothbrush, panties- especially panties! And your bra, also your mouth wash, and your money, oh money! I'll go get you money!" My grandmother blabbered before setting her salad down on the kitchen counter and practically running upstairs.

I sighed and rubbed my face. "Oh god she is so annoying." I muttered under my breath.

Dad chuckled. "Live with it kid. Besides, your grandmother is just trying to keep you safe and away from any danger and bad situations. You might as well thank her."

I gave my dad a 'seriously?' Look. "I'm not thanking someone who blabbers nonstop dad." I whispered before eating the last slice of my pancake.

Dad rolled his eyes. "Again, it's for your own good." Dad said before drinking his coffee.

"Whatever." I just responded so we wouldn't get into a serious fight.

Our conversations always seem to end up like that now that i think of it. Dad always seems to have a way of words that makes me want to snap at him. And if i did, dad goes all hulk on me since he always hated being snapped at.

Just when a comfortable silence took place, the front door suddenly opened and seconds later, a grinning James was standing behind the door frame with a huge bag hanging on his shoulders. He was wearing an army cap and had a grey jacket on top of a white plaid shirt. He had blue jeans on and black nike shoes that i only saw him wear once.

"Good Morning Bonny!" James chirped and came inside the kitchen. "And hello to you milady." James greeted me with a bow.

"Morning James. I see you're more excited than Audrey here." Dad said and nodded to my direction.