---------------+ ryeowon

---------------
+ ryeowon

Ryeowon took the train to go home, it was not crowded but there was no vacant seat left so she stood and held onto the handrails.

It was four in the afternoon and the sun was almost setting, the sun rays passing through the windows and reflecting to the sitting passengers. She stood there facing the big windows. She could hear the wheels clashing with the railway, the hushed voices of the passengers. The cold air touching her skin, her body shaking from side to side - stopping herself from toppling over when the train abruptly stops.

Her eyes flickered from the people to the window, she saw the buildings. They were luminous. She saw how lights turn on from different places as the sky is turning dark. The structures were simply exquisite, glasses, silver touch, technology, it was the epitome of perfection. Untill the big fonts catch her eyes. Placed among the tallest building spelled, 'N CITY'.

It was the capital, the Mad City. Filled with bright lights and advanced technology. Very loud as people feast everywhere, it was as if the city itself was alive. The city that never sleeps. The city of endlessness. The only limitless place in the world. Parties and Casino here and there, fancy restaurants,large malls with designer's products. She lived in the city, but she never experienced the vibrancy of it. She had lived on the outskirts, the dead part of the city, eerie, quiet and dirty. It had no sense of happiness, pure gloom.

NEO ZONE. it was the zone. The part of the city that she hears alot about. The dancing, arts, music, it was everywhere. The zone of happiness, where all the things she saw were. It was like Cloud Nine. But she never really experiencd it, the excitement they feel, the relief, the pleasure. It was because of society. They say middle-class and high-class can only be allowed in the zone. And she was nowhere near the two.

The sick Government's pronouncement of that law enraged those who doesn't feel the blessings of the richest. It was very unfair. But the girl thought it was just fine. For behind that beautiful and luring facade was the dirty works of the government. Glambing and corruption. She knew all of it. She heard great stories of the zone specifically from her mother who dreamt of living in that zone, but no matter how her mother would exaggerate it, no matter how she would use the most beautiful words to describe it, she knew how it was filled with evil.

She knew the ugly sides - that are often covered up - from her father. Her father who would gamble. It was the most addictive, like no any other drug. Her father would always go home empty handed with a bruise on his neck. She abhored all of it.

She abhored the place. How it was corrupt yet her parent's mind were filled of it. How they adored it more than their daughter. They were seduced by the prettiness of it to not notice the lies and flaws it had. It was hell itself.

It was all because of one person. The person that played with the government. He was higher than the goverment, higher than the law. People called him a god. Because of him the zone was built. He designed the casinos, malls, hotels, and the Social Classes. He wasn't a politician nor a goverment officer. He was just a man, a man with power and wealth. But he managed to play with the government like puppets. He can start chaos and just sit and watch.