chapter 10

The search for the money has began and they hope that after all this their father would return back to them safely,Gazali has about one quarter of the money after adding all the cash he has and also borrowing from people has was set to call the kidnappers the next day.

He has received their calls today times without number the only reason of them calling him was to warn and also direct him on how the money would be delivered.

"How is my father doing he had asked the only man he has spoken to all this while".

The only answer he gives always was you would know after you pay the ransom he always says that kidnappers don't have time to chit chat or make conversation with people the only thing they actually care about was that their job would be completed without commotion meaning it should be done and finished without any traces of them in any where that is why when people are being kidnapped they are put in a room and sometimes blind folded each time they come to talk with the victim or see how they were fairing.

He himself has not for once thought that he would be come a kidnapper and things like this actually happens on one trial he could remember vividly the first time he kidnapped someone he was down for three days and could not really place his hands on what was wrong with him the echoes of his shaking voice after he called the victims family,that was by the way actually he shook his head stopping his train of thought if only his parents were rich and they could afford his school fees and also feed the family the story could have been different he was not ready to go back on what he has already set his mind on and what he wanted.

"To be rich".

        He quickly stood up making a mental note to check up on mal.Abu but when he reached the room he saw him lieing unconscious on the bare floor away from the mat that couldn't be diffentiated from the bare one would think the floor was painted with such colour not knowing that it was a mat.

He went closer to him checking his pulse to make sure that he was still breathing he said a big Amen when he noticed that he was alive but his temperature was high so he fetched water in a bowl and he dipped a towel into the bowl squeezed it and he starts to massage his body with the water and towel to reduce his temperature  all this while he was scared for one thing that any moment from now he would give up the gost but not when he was still with him he closed his eyes thinking about what would actually happen if this old man dies in their custody he knew he was surely going to be doomed for life.

*********

At about 4:30am in the morning Gazali had his phone making noise he thought it was his alarm but wait that was not the sound of his alarm clock,he checked and saw that it was the kidnappers call it was way too early for him to start receiveing call but the rate at which the phone kept ringing left him with no choice than to pick the call.

" meet me in your community primary school now with the ransom."

That was what he heard but he thought he didn't hear well not until he heard his phone ringing again it then downed on him that whatever it was that they were calling him  for at this early hour he knew it was urgent.

He baged into mama tala's room waking her with a loud sound and he just said in Hausa they have called me to come and take baba they are in the community primary school he didn't wait for her to say anything he just made his way out.

He stood up quickly without any thoughts rather than reaching for where the money was kept at one corner of the room,making sure that he picked his touch which would make his way to the primary school easier since it was dawn and he could not see very well which was about 15 minutes walk from their home.

Him being the only one he was scared through out but he never let them get to him what his mind was set on was seeing him in good health and also saving his father but the ransom wasn't complete he was expecting some amount from a friend it wasn't much but it would in any way reduce the remaining balance.

   He was on the way like 10 feet to the gate of the primary school when he was knocked down by someone he couldn't see and at thesame time collecting the bag from him and climbing into the motorcycle and making their way out without him seeing or making out what they actually look like.

After like six minutes he was still feeling the pain but managed to crawl to where he sighted his torchlight even though everything was blury to him.

He managed to flash the torchlight around the premises not long he sighted his weak father's body lieing helplessly on the floor dragging himself to the the place he saw his father but he couldn't place his feelings in one place why was his heart not beating the way it normally does, it was beating at a fast rate that he thought his heart was going to find it way out of his body.

And then he  heard his father saying please forgive me I haven't being a good father and husband to all of you.

Before he could say mun yafe he has already kicked the bucket meaning he was dead everything he owns both the one he gave little and the one he didn't give them all where not his anymore.The life he has laid was way too bad punishing people for no reason depriving them of their rights and also controlling them yet they still obeyed and pay respect to him at all time.

Since it was time for fajr prayers and the people around their were coming out to perform the  prayer they saw what had happened and felt sorry for the family even though they still talk about his behaviors towards everyone and of course non of them said anything pleasant words ,no matter how little it is it you have the means help people nothing is too small for someone that has nothing.

Through the help of people around one of them volunteered to take his dead body home in no time the necessary things were done he was dressed and was taken to where he would live forever without any body, it is only his good deeds make his staying worth staying.

Eid Mubarak😁 don't forget to follow all the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of this pandemic love you all.

Vote, Comment and also share.
           Maryam Yelwa 🦋