Chapter 10

After the carnival, and Steve constantly trying to win prizes for Billy, everyone headed home, tired. Billy had won Steve a tiger plush and he was enjoying it more that anyone thought he would.

Max and Billy took Steve into his large house, yawning. However the small boy was not tired at all. The boy ran to the couch and begged to watch a movie with them. Billy told the boy no and he pouted.

"Billy please! I wanna stay up! I'm not even tired!" The boy lied, hiding his yawn terribly.
Max laughed softly and patted his head. "Come on, Steve. Tomorrow we can do anything you want as long as you go to bed now," she told him.

Steve seemed to contemplate the offer for a while. He then groaned but nodded, getting off the couch and dragging himself up the stairs to his room. Max and Billy sighed in relief and then looked at each other.

"So... he spent all his carnival money on you?" Max said with a smirk.
Billy rolled his eyes and shrugged, "just proves I'm his favorite. Tell Henderson he's in second place now!"
Max just laughed and shoved his arm. "Come on, let's get some sleep. I think he'll turn back to normal in a few more days..." Billy said, ushering her to head to sleep.

Max put her hands up in surrender and laid down, slowly drifting off to sleep.
Billy sighed and shook did the same. He wished Steve would turn normal soon, though little Steve was adorable.

When morning came, Max and Billy woke to the smell of bacon and pancakes being made in the kitchen. They both ran in, hoping to see Steve back to his normal self, but were instead met with Steve, a little bit older than Max and the other party members.

"Steve..?" Max asked and he turned his head, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, hey Max. Hey Billy. I'm just makin breakfast," Steve greeted the two.
The step siblings looked at each other and then back at Steve.
"How old are you?"
"I'm fifteen."
"Billy. He's getting closer," Max grinned, "tomorrow he should be back to normal!"

Hey guys! Sorry this was so short. I've got a lot of exams coming up. But don't worry the next chapter is on its way!
I hope you all are liking it so far.