Chapter 1

After the events at the Starcourt Mall, everyone was slowly settling down and things were going back to normal. The kids were still hanging out, now sometimes with the guest appearance of Erica, much to Lucas's dismay, Joyce and Hopper were getting closer, Jonathan and Nancy started going on more dates, and Robin and Billy Hargrove were starting to show up more.

And, as usual, Steve Harrington was on babysitting duty.

See, everyone else was busy that night, so Joyce asked Steve to watch the kids for her, and how could he turn the sweet woman down? So he said yes. Now he was spending his Saturday night watching six energetic kids run around his large house.

And to add on to all of the chaos, the magic girl was sick. Hopper had been very clear to keep an eye on her and to make sure that everyone was calm. So, Steve made the offer to watch E.T. with the kids. Luckily, they all agreed to settle down and watch the movie, as long as they could have snacks.

Dustin was sitting on the loveseat with Will. Lucas and Max were sitting on the floor, cuddled up with a blanket around their shoulders. Mike was sitting on the couch, waiting for Steve and El, who were waiting for popcorn in the kitchen from the microwave.

"You got the drinks, kid?" Steve asked the sick girl, who just stared up at him with a small smile.
"Yes," El finally answered as she had her arms full with four soda cans, using her powers to carry the rest out to the living room.

Steve waited until he heard the microwave beeping to put the popcorn into a bowl. He brought it out to the kids and started the movie, sitting beside Mike and El on the couch, who were now snuggled up to each other.

Not even halfway through the movie, El started to roughly cough, so Steve offered to get her some medicine for her. He got up and headed to the medicine cabinet in the bathroom before hearing Eleven sneeze and then everything went black.

Note:
Hey guys! This is my first story and I hope you enjoy it so far! I'm still working on more right now and we'll get to see some cute moments.