Chapter 4

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" I warily ask.

"We'll be fine Brooke just chill!" Amber said in a chill voice. I can tell that she is nervous under her confidence though.

"Ewww bugs blech!" I screech, quietly of course.

"Get down yourself, come on!" Amber demanded. I jumped out of the low window, and as my feet hit the ground, my little brother opened the window above mine.

"Brooke! What are you doing?!" Brady shouted from the window.

"Oh crap" Amber freezes as I slowly turn around to face my mischievous brother.

"Nothing! I swear B if you tell mom I will come up there and-"

"I won't say anything! I gotchu sis"

"Wait seriously?" I asked, clearly shocked

"Yah just be back quick. Pillows?" He asked thoughtfully.

"Definitely" I pleaded.

"Love you!" I blow him a kiss and head off with Amber, carefully watching my steps. As we get to our normal spot, the gazebo in the park, Amber pulls out a blank paper from her bag.

Amber wondered. "So, what do you think is up with them? You seemed really worried on the phone?"

"There's clearly something up! As soon as my dad walked in, they both got very very stiff and just plain weird. It was so strange!"

"Well" Amber paused and took a moment to think. Silence filled the air until Amber shouted out. "We need to go into your dad's office!"

"Shhh, it's 10:30" I hissed. Was she right? Should we actually find a way to get in there?

"Let's do it. We need to plan though, how we're gonna get in, what to do if he comes in, that type of stuff" I say quietly as someone walks by.

"Ok mom." Amber exclaimed, chuckling.

"Ugh whatever. Get your pen. Write this down." Amber nods her head as I speak. "He keeps a key in a fake rock, in a pile of other rocks to disguise it but everyone knows a fake rock from a real one. That unlocks the window. From there you'll hoist me up and I'll pull you up once I'm in."

"Slow down, slow down!" Amber laughed, writing furiously. I wait for Amber to catch up and begin again.

"Once we're both in, i'll get his computer, because I can probably figure out his log in, and you'll get the drawers." I say contently.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Amber countered.

"We'll know it when we see it. Trust me. Let's go!" Amber and I run through the row of trees by the road and end up behind my house.

"Here." Shouted Amber.

"I know dummy, it's my house...I know where I live..."I chided, giggling furiously. We run up to the window and Amber steadily plants her feet into the ground as I open the rock with the key. "Ready?" She asks. "Yup" I place my foot on her hand and balance as I unlock the rusty, white window.

"Ouch, oooh wow that hurt" Amber stammered.

"Sorry! Grab my hands." I whisper, more quiet than I've ever been. I lift Amber up as she places her foot half way in the window.

"Oof" we whisper at the same time. "You get the computer, I'll get this drawer." Amber demands intently.

"Ok umm...Dp1979? Nope." I frown as I try again. "1979?" I guess. "Ugh!" The computer makes a noise that indicates that the password was incorrect, which isn't making this any better. Just as Amber goes to open the second drawer, the doorbell rings.