Chapter 43: Mistake

I smoothed out my dress. I barely wear dresses and I'm guessing I look good for the first time I've worn one in a while. I was surprised because I know my stomach is protruding effortlessly now.

I grabbed my phone and shoes and went to sit downstairs on the couch, in assumption that Chris would be walking in any second seeing he said he'd be here at 7 and it's 6:45. I didn't even realize it was this close to 7 because I rushed to get ready at the last minute.

I debated on even getting ready and going after the talk Mia and I had, and I wasn't going to go, but he texted me at 5 reminding me about it so I decided to go ahead and give it a go.

I impatiently scrolled on a few social media apps in hopes that he'd be walking in here at any moment. I wish he'd come on—I'm starving now, therefore I can't wait for too long before I start trying to find something to eat.

I shot him a quick text in hopes he'd reply just as quick, and after 5 minutes of no reply I called and got no answer. Now I was growing annoyed, I was already reluctant in going and then when I give in he's being inconsiderate.

When 7:15 got here, I grabbed the keys to his Mercedes and walked out of his place to go see what the hell was the hold up.

I know he's still at the office and he typically is home by 7 on any other day, but today there must be a barrier.

When I got to his building I wasted no time angrily getting out of the car and storming in. I was pissed, I'm starving and he's assing around.

I hopped on the elevator. I impatiently tapped my finger nails on the railings inside of the elevator. I can't wait till I see his face, I'm immediately cussing him out and going home!

He's not only late but he also did a no-call no-show for something he wanted me to do.

When I got off of the elevator it was as if my legs and feet weren't moving quick enough to get to his office. I didn't bother knocking on the door when I arrived to it, I just twisted the knob and forcefully pushed it open.

I was so prepared to go completely off, but instead I was now at a loss of words—there they were! Chris and Brittany, in a full lip locking session on his desk.

"You bitches." I said as I shook my head and walked away. That's the only thing that came to mouth though there were many things that came to mind. I wanted to curse them out and say what I was feeling through the core of my soul, I wanted to grab Brittany and slam her head in the elevator doors and throw Chris out of his office window but 'you bitches' was the only thing that came to mind and walking away was the only thing I could muster up and do.

I expected for him to be occupied but definitely not like this.

I knew I was right all along, and now I know what I should've done to begin with.

Chris

"Tay—Brittany, you shouldn't have done that." I said as I inched towards the door to go follow Taylor.

"What? You wanted it, nor did you push me away."

"No, I didn't want it! And that doesn't mean anything, it still wasn't suppose to happen."

She raised her eyebrows, "So, 'You're so fine I wish I had met you sooner' wasn't asking for that—and more?!" She asked